Windows 10: Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10

Discus and support Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz 1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10

This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz

1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with Redstone 2 Creators Update which was released in April 2017. Redstone 3, Fall Creators Update, was released in October 2017 after it had been manufactured.

2. The windows.old file mentions only Windows NT - that stopped being supported in 2003, I think, and the WUs took four or five hours to finish. What is seriously wrong is that it assures me that the WUs are up-to-date . But they are not. It's v1803 and won't install v1809 - if it would, then I would probably have to accept that it's an amazing laptop.

3. I'm very pleased with its performance and the photos look amazing. (Performance etc details to follow.)

So, what I now need to know is whether it's possible for me to download the Windows 10 Support Assistant to the Lenovo. If it is, how?
    (If it is, I shall probably sink my pride, accept that it will be exactly what I was looking for and be happy again.)

:)

Taffy087, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Windows 10 Legion gaming towers

Source: gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Legion gaming towers powered by Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Hi.

Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS.

1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles, they re-appear after a re-boot.

2. Tons of apps (candy crush) are listen and can only be pinned to the tile, not removed from the list. I have no interest in playing Minecraft or Candy Crush.

Please help.

/Per

Per-Pettersson, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10

1. Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10 - Similar Threads - Updates Assistant installed

2. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  3. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  4. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5: Hi, I have a new (2 weeks old) Lenovo Legion 5 that just blue screened. I'm running Windows 10 x64, v2004 (Build 19041.388). Here is a link to the requested log files: Dropbox - JBP-LAPTOP-2020-(2020-08-05_18-13-18).zip - Simplify your life The BSOD occurred as I tried to...
  6. Lenovo yoga 520 with a monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo yoga 520 with a monitor: Hey guys! I hope you're having a great time I have a problem when I connect the Lenovo yoga 520 to a monitor, the thing is I want to fully flip my Lenovo yoga and use the device's mouse and keyboard but when I do that the mouse and keyboard won't work How can I solve...
  7. New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs: [ATTACH] The latest wave of Lenovo Legion PCs equips gamers with advances such as cooler thermals, keyboard improvements and extended battery life. The latest 10th Gen Intel Core H-Series or AMD Ryzen 4000 Series mobile processors power this lineup, and up to the recently...
  8. New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades: If you’re among the breed of gamers who like to take their action on the go, you’ll want to check out the five gaming laptops Lenovo has beefed up with the latest 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors and the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and 1660 Ti GPUs, plus two new...
  9. Lenovo Legion Y520

Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...
  10. My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up

My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up: When my new laptop first started up went fine. But did all off windows updates now stuck at command prompt X: \windows\system32>. A winpeshl.ini file is present, but no commands were successfully launched. Please help Thank you Steve huth...