Windows 10: Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system

Discus and support Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so my computer never got activated so i bought and activation code and used it on mine but it came with a usb operating system and i dont need it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasInglis1, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system

Ok so my computer never got activated so i bought and activation code and used it on mine but it came with a usb operating system and i dont need it so my friend has a windows vista in great quality and he needs to get windows 10 on it so he can play games on it can i give the operating system without getting into trouble?

:)

ThomasInglis1, Aug 25, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 25, 2019
  3. BSOD error codes: 0x0000007e, 0x0000003b on Windows 10 operating system

Hi Sakkie,

As you are facing multiple BSOD errors on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Blue Screen errors (also sometimes called black screen errors or STOP code errors) can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a message that says, "Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer”. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software problems.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error message along with the error codes on your device?
    • When exactly you get the BSOD errors on your computer?

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device on Safe mode with networking (which boots the operating system with minimal set of drivers) and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue persists,
    I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of BSOD errors with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system

1. Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system - Similar Threads - widows software code

2. Is there another software operating system i can install to replace Windows 11, that will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there another software operating system i can install to replace Windows 11, that will...: I need to change from win11 because I don't always have a internet connection in my village. Thus I am unable to work, did microsoft not take this into consideration when the upgrade was made. Are Microsoft going to change winn11 to be useful to people that use their computer...
  3. Is there another software operating system i can install to replace Windows 11, that will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there another software operating system i can install to replace Windows 11, that will...: I need to change from win11 because I don't always have a internet connection in my village. Thus I am unable to work, did microsoft not take this into consideration when the upgrade was made. Are Microsoft going to change winn11 to be useful to people that use their computer...
  4. Difference between system software and operating system software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  5. Difference between system software and operating system software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  6. Anti-Virus software for windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anti-Virus software for windows 10 operating system: Hi Guys, Please let me know if this isn’t the right place or flair but I’ve just purchased a Asus TUF A15 gaming laptop which runs on windows 10 and I’m looking for advice for the a good, well priced antivirus software. Kaspersky seems to be well reviewed and a good price...
  7. Can I use Microsoft account balance to buy Windows 10 operating system?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I use Microsoft account balance to buy Windows 10 operating system?: I don't have a u.s. credit card, so I want to buy gift card to change. Question: green card xbox store, purple card Windows store, which one or all Could be charge to Microsoft store? Tip: "Microsoft store" isn't "Windows store" and "xbox store". I have tried to check...
  8. Can I give gift to friend living abroad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I give gift to friend living abroad?: My problem is as follows. I live in the US but my friend is in Australia. I’d like to give him a game as a gift. I am unable to gift him because we are in different countries. Any ideas?...
  9. OPERATING SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OPERATING SOFTWARE: I HAD TO REPLACE MY DESKTOP PC HARD DRIVE BECAUSE IT FAILED TO BOOT. HOW DO I REPLACE THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM THAT WAS ON THE OLD ONE WITHOUT SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY?...
  10. Giving laptop to a friend

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving laptop to a friend: Giving my old laptop to a friend. I am currently the only person using this laptop and I am the admin with a Microsoft account. What is the easiest and best way for my friend to create his own Microsoft account and become the administrator of the laptop? Can I have...