Windows 10: Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

Discus and support Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobertSukovich, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of digital license from Microsoft. I'm thinking that I can revert to the Win 7 Pro and creating and installation USB device of it that I can use on my wife's computer and then take my desktop back to Win 10 Pro, Thank You.

:)

RobertSukovich, Nov 8, 2021

2. Reverting back to win 10 Pro

This is what you said in your original post:

I was on OS win 7 ultimate and installed win 10 when it was launched and then HDD of 500 GB was changed to 1 TB and win 10 enterprise OS was installed in the changed drive. Now can I revert back to OS win
    10 pro

Now, you say you have Windows 7 Home Basic.

How were you expecting to activate Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 7 Home Basic key?

Please note: The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home ISO
    • Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro ISO

Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2021
  3. mellaby Win User
    Win Pro reverted to Win home

I've been happy do clean installs of Win 10 till yesterday. When the latest update came out Win 10 1511, I decided to do it with a clean install (using the media creation tool) on my Win 10 Pro laptop. The clean install when in without a hitch but when
    I checked it's Activation it said it was Win 10 Home. I can't find a way to get it to revert back to Pro. I've done about 5 clean installs using this method and it's never done this before. Any suggestions?

mellaby, Nov 8, 2021
  4. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

Reverting back to win 10 Pro

I was on OS win 7 ultimate and installed win 10 when it was launched and then HDD of 500 GB was changed to 1 TB and win 10 enterprise OS was installed in the changed drive. Now can I revert back to OS win 10
    pro

Natarajan Venkataraman, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

1. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro - Similar Threads - again reverting Pro

2. lost PRO upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 on 7/12/2021. Can I get PRO status back i.e. Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost PRO upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 on 7/12/2021. Can I get PRO status back i.e. Win...: On 7/12/2021 I upgraded my Windows 8.1 PRO machine to Windows 10.I don't remember if I checked at the time.But I now have Windows 10 HOME.Is there any way I can get Windows 10 PRO without the $99 upgrade?I want to be able to encrypt USB drives with BitLocker.Apparently only...
  3. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  4. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  5. Win 10 Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro - Can I install Windows 10 Pro again ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro - Can I install Windows 10 Pro again ?: Hey,I have a lot of ongoing work with HP All-in-one computers that were downgraded to Win 7 Pro by a seller. My company preffers to use Windows 10, is it legaly clear to install Windows 10 Pro in these computers once again ?...
  6. Win 7 back to win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 back to win 10: Yes I had a windows 10 free upgrade back in 2016. I updated an ran on my current pc for awhile. I had a harddrive failure which was my fault had to reinstall win 7. I double checked my Microsoft account an saw coarse my win 10 back up or what have you under devices an my...
  7. Can I get back to win 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get back to win 7?: Hi all, I have windows 7 on my computer. I have read a lot of posts here and I am not sure if I want windows 10 at this time. if I take the upgrade to win 10, and have an image of my old win 7, can I go back to win 7 or is my product key now assigned to win 10 and can not...
  8. Back to win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Back to win 7 pro: Having used win 10 since the 29 July and having had more than enough problems with errors in the event viewer and also MS trying to download another update over an already activated copy of 10, I decided to return to win 7 pro. The first thing I noticed was how much faster 7...
  9. Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10

Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10: *Rolleyes This concerns this Activation error So perhaps I should have waited to see if it would have activated. Long story short.... win 7 (Home premium)was upgraded to win10.. win10 was activated... did a clean install of win10 with a disk i had created from...
  10. Revert back to Win 7

Revert back to Win 7: I had reloaded Win 7 just prior to my upgrade to WIN10. Dont normally like to do an upgradebut I was pretty sure it was still clean. So on 2/14/16 id did the upgrade so I'm in the 30 day timeframe if that makes any difference. I just don't really like WIN 10. I did a...