Windows 10: Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ?

Discus and support Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have currently windows 10 pro on my HDD but is about expire in a month and want to install windows 10 Home. i had windows 10 home in my previous HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ParikshitThale, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ?

i have currently windows 10 pro on my HDD but is about expire in a month and want to install windows 10 Home. i had windows 10 home in my previous HDD with OEM key from Dell. that HDD damaged due to power issue .In new HDD i installed licensed windows 10 Pro.so if i install windows 10 home will I be able to get activated windows 10 Home ?Windows stores Digital entitlement on server so can be activated without key if reinstalled, so My Windows 10 Pro key replaced Windows 10 Home key ? or it will still work for windows 10 Home.

:)

ParikshitThale, Jun 23, 2021

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ?

1. Can i get windows 10 Home OEM key in new HDD if it had pro installed on it before ? - Similar Threads - Home OEM key

2. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  3. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  4. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  5. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  6. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 home to pro via OEM key

Windows 10 home to pro via OEM key: Hello! When I try to upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using an OEM Windows 10 Pro Product key via change product key menu via settings, I keep getting a message saying my product key is not valid. Is there anyway to fix this/get it to take the product key without having to...
  8. Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install

Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install: I just built a new computer every part is brand new including the case. my friend updated the bios and got it working after i built it. he installed windows 10 home and i purchased windows 10 pro oem for $150 from micro center as a DVD version 1909. it says activation not...
  9. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  10. can i check windows 10 pro key before installing it?

can i check windows 10 pro key before installing it?: hey. id like to know if a win 10 key is genuine before even installing it.there must be a way,right? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-check-windows-10-pro-key-before-installing/a6768ec9-e65a-415f-b313-95c0c8dc8539