Windows 10: Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?

Discus and support Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a preferred WiFi Connection, but Windows 10 seems to require that I manually connect to it. How can I make this automatic? In case it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, Aug 28, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?

I have a preferred WiFi Connection, but Windows 10 seems to require that I manually connect to it. How can I make this automatic?

In case it matters, I use an ethernet connection too, and run both, because they are different subnets each with devices (network shares) that I need access to (yes, I have a bridge.) Anyway, the network works just fine except that I have to manually connect to the WiFi everytime I restart WIndows. Ideas?

:)

SOHO1, Aug 28, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

how can i get my ciara pad to connect to the internet through my wimdows phone

Unfortunately, you cannot tether the phone to allow other devices Internet access at this time.

Some phones can tether via their diagnosis app, but this is completely unsupported.

Entegy, Aug 28, 2016
  3. delisleg Win User

delisleg, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?

In the taskbar top right or bottom right does the wi-fi sign come up, if it does then just click on that go to it an click connect and next time you sign in it should do it automatic
    Or no new notification and you should be able to open it that way

hTconeM9user, Aug 28, 2016
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    It's not automatic. The middle icon is the Win10 thingie (technical term for not your usual Win7 icon) and after I manually connect, it shows both networks, but only ethernet when I boot.

Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi? [​IMG]

I have to open settings and connect.

Or click the connection icon thingie.

It does not show connected and is not actually connected when I start, event though "connect automatically" is already checked when I open it. I want it to automatically connect because a bunch of my network shares are there.

Even if I could connect from a command script that would help, I could just shove that in the startup.

SOHO1, Aug 29, 2016
  6. SOHO1 Win User
    OK, I'd still prefer it was automatic, but I found you can:
    NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILES
    and use the profile to:
    NETSH WLAN CONNECT name="profilename"

Then I can re-add shares that woulda/shoulda/coulda been persistent but are DC'd when wifi is down (the reboot problem.)

NET USE X:=\\ladee\da /persistent:yes

I'll just throw all this in the startup and that should cover it until I can find how to auto connect.

SOHO1, Aug 29, 2016
  7. I don't know why yours is showing available when at top it is showing connected
    because on mine both are showing as connected even on the log in screen and lock screen

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?

1. Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi? - Similar Threads - automatically connect WiFi

2. How can I get my WiFi to connect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my WiFi to connect?: I cannot get my WiFi to connect on my work wifi. I can get it to connect to othershome, hotspot, etc.. I feel like I have tried everything I would know to fix this but no results. I have restarted the computer, network adaptors, fully reset to factory and ran through the...
  3. How can I get my WiFi to connect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my WiFi to connect?: I cannot get my WiFi to connect on my work wifi. I can get it to connect to othershome, hotspot, etc.. I feel like I have tried everything I would know to fix this but no results. I have restarted the computer, network adaptors, fully reset to factory and ran through the...
  4. WiFi connecting automatically

WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  5. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  6. Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically: The wifi is connecting for the first minute and then since the internet has not loaded yet. The "Action Required" message appears when the modem is fully connected to the Internet again. I have no problem with this modem with smartphones. Only this Windows 10 laptop gives up...
  7. Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically

Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically: The wifi is connecting for the first minute and then since the internet has not loaded yet. The "Action Required" message appears when the modem is fully connected to the Internet again. I have no problem with this modem with smartphones. Only this Windows 10 laptop gives up...
  8. Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  10. How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?

How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?: Thanks but still have the same problem.