Windows 10: Can I Get Windows Media player installed

Discus and support Can I Get Windows Media player installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install Windows Media system and reload my system devices .* Moved from MSN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickRhea, May 9, 2021.

1. Can I Get Windows Media player installed

I want to install Windows Media system and reload my system devices .* Moved from MSN

:)

PatrickRhea, May 9, 2021

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 9, 2021
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, May 9, 2021
  4. Can I Get Windows Media player installed

HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Can I Get Windows Media player installed

1. Can I Get Windows Media player installed - Similar Threads - Media player installed

2. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  3. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  4. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can not install windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  6. can not install windows media player

can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  7. How can I get Windows Media Player on my Windows 10 desktop installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get Windows Media Player on my Windows 10 desktop installation: How can I get windows media player on my windows 10 desktop installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-windows-media-player-on-my-windows/3b3ed85a-ade4-4edb-8b90-866fe15c0bf2
  8. Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?

Can I reinstall Windows Media Player?: I uninstalled WMP from my Win 10 system in desperation, because it was behaving oddly and I thought a re-install might be the solution. Bad Idea! I now can find no way of re-installing it. All of my searches have taken me to very dodgy-looking sites that I prefer not to...
  9. Installing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Windows Media Player: I was copying CDs to mp3 format to my Music folder on my PC. I have a read/write cd/dvd drive. Somehow (probably stupidly) I uninstall Windows Media Player and can't figure out how to get it back. I have search on the web and tried numerous things. Can you Help....
  10. Can I get Windows10 OS - Windows Media Player - to use ASIO4ALL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I get Windows10 OS - Windows Media Player - to use ASIO4ALL ?: Which ASIO4ALL version do you have? I can play in WMP via v2.14 just fine. Never mind...you have a really old ASIO4ALL version if it still uses the tray. Update the software and all should be fine. Thanks. I actaully do have v2.14. Its sits in my tray and appears in my tray...