Windows 10: Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?

Discus and support Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well I got the whole question on the subject line so it needs no more. Anecdotal: I always used to have movie maker but the periodic crashing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lampclock, Jan 9, 2021.

1. lampclock Win User

Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?

Well I got the whole question on the subject line so it needs no more. Anecdotal: I always used to have movie maker but the periodic crashing and losing of system and reinstalls and rebuilds that I've had to do always leave something out. I find today that's one of the things that's gone and when I try to get it back it I find it's not so easily available as it used to be.

That goes for both: Essentials and Movie Maker.

:)

lampclock, Jan 9, 2021

2. windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 don't support Movie Maker app

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to try the steps given below and check:

Repair the Movie Maker.

• Type Programs and Features in the search bar and click on the first selection.

• Under Programs and Features, "Windows Live Essentials" is listed. Highlight and click "uninstall/change" at the top to get the repair dialog.

• The repair actually applies to all the installed components of the Essentials package, including Movie Maker.

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to download the latest version of Movie Maker (2012). Please refer to this link:

Movie Maker is not available for download on Windows 10

Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/where-is-movie-maker-in-windows-10

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10? - Similar Threads - Movie Maker Essentials

2. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  3. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  4. Movie Maker in Win10-1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker in Win10-1903: Hi there, after the latest update to built 1903 Movie maker wlmp files/projects created previously are not opening properly anymore! Some, but not all, movie clips in the project are corrupt / not showing, even though nothing has been moved or renamed. Under "Fix It" only...
  5. I created a video on Windows Essentials Movie Maker (the one that's supposedly no longer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I created a video on Windows Essentials Movie Maker (the one that's supposedly no longer...: two days ago and now it's gone along with the entire program. Is this even possible? The logo was a piece of rolled up film, like it was before, so what happened? It was the only completely free (no catches or that sort of thing) video maker left. Those supposedly "free...
  6. Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker

Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker: This is just a huge Huge HUGE THANK YOU to the Brains Trust that is this forum. My thanks go out in particular to @davidhk, who in this thread [ Windows Movie Maker video problems.... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums ], wondered if he too could share a link from his OneDrive and...
  7. Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker: This is just a huge Huge HUGE THANK YOU to the Brains Trust that is this forum. My thanks go out in particular to @davidhk, who in this thread [ Windows Movie Maker video problems.... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums ], wondered if he too could share a link from his OneDrive and...
  8. Windows Movie Maker Older Version

Windows Movie Maker Older Version: Windows Movie Maker Older Version. Hi All need help finding the right Windows Movie Maker, the one where you just added one picture and then audio,put audio in timeline then added one picture into timeline,then pulled picture to length of audio and saved as a video,or is...
  9. Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again?

Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again?: I had a system disk crash and had to build the whole thing up again. All sorts of things going wrong. One of them is Movie Maker. I now find I can't get it. Can't even get Windows Essentials that it was part of. I saw a MS post said use 'photo' app but a look at that...
  10. Can I get Movie Maker (or something similar) for Win10?

Can I get Movie Maker (or something similar) for Win10?: I recently bought a laptop with Win10 installed on it. My previous laptop was a Win7 laptop bought over 5 years ago and it had a video editing program called Movie Maker on it. Now I don't have that anymore. Is there a way to get it? I looked it up and found a site that has...