Windows 10: Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices?

Discus and support Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I ♥ Windows Sandbox. I know how to give a Sandbox access to a USB drive. I have other devices I need to provide the Sandbox in order to vet software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tripppl, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices?

I ♥ Windows Sandbox. I know how to give a Sandbox access to a USB drive. I have other devices I need to provide the Sandbox in order to vet software before I install it. Example devices:

• USB-to-serial adapters
    • Software dongles

For the curious, these are the situations that require giving the Sandbox access to these devices:

• Every now and then I find a (serial) terminal program I want to try, but many are hinky.
    • Some developer tools we use license through USB dongles, but I want to see how they impact a system so I can choose to install it on my workday machine (most convenient) or spin another VM.
    • Several times my home projects that require Windows executables to install or update or configure devices over USB (special game controllers, HomeRun, etc). Most times the applications run and close clean, but a doing this in a Sandbox would protect me when they don't.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Tripppl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tripppl, Mar 27, 2020

2. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Mar 27, 2020
  3. usb device no longer accessible in Windows

I made a boot USB of OS X Snow Leopard from the real DVD. I had to go through several steps because I don't have a real mac. I installed OS X in a virtual machine and used SuperDuper to perform the format and copy of the OS. It installed perfectly on a customer Mac Book. Now, I no longer have any use for the OS X boot usb, so it was time to format the device. I formatted the usb in Linux and used NTFS filing system. When I stuck the usb flash drive into my PC, only 230mb is available. I wanted to see what was going on, so I opened up Disk Management and it shows 250mb (FAT32) and another partition that's 7.27GB, but it cannot be formatted. What can I do to fix this problem? I'm at my wits end! If necessary, I could post some pictures of whats going on.

GoFigureItOut, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ben Myers Win User

Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices?

Usb devices not accessible

Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices?

1. Can I give Windows Sandbox access to USB devices? - Similar Threads - Sandbox access USB

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  4. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  5. Install a USB Device so a VM can access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install a USB Device so a VM can access it: HelloI have a USB device that I would like to control from a window 7 VM running on a windows 11 host. The device is not a hard drive I got that to work : it is actually a programmable device and the software that I need to use to program it, only runs on window 7.When I plug...
  6. Install a USB Device so a VM can access it

Install a USB Device so a VM can access it: HelloI have a USB device that I would like to control from a window 7 VM running on a windows 11 host. The device is not a hard drive I got that to work : it is actually a programmable device and the software that I need to use to program it, only runs on window 7.When I plug...
  7. How to give Gmail the access to sync in this device

How to give Gmail the access to sync in this device: I couldn;t send email using my gmail account in windwos mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-gmail-the-access-to-sync-in-this/b2d46c1a-8633-443a-9899-50fa295f5475
  8. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  9. Usb devices not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb devices not accessible: It sounds like you may have set permissions wrong try taking ownership of the folders with our tutor Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  10. Can not access documents on USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not access documents on USB device: Since installing W10 am unable to open files stored on USB. OS acknowledges drive with 'noise' when plugged in, but what do I click to open the the files?. 10697

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wibdows sandbox usb

2. can windows sandbox access usb

3. cd on windows sandbox

4. acces removalble device through windows sandbox,
  5. windows sandbox access usb,
  6. usb drive in windows sandbox,
  7. windows 10 sandbox usb dongle,
  8. how to see usb drive in sandbox,
  9. windows sandbox camera access,
  10. windows sandbox camera,
  11. windows sandbox access usb drive,