Windows 10: Can I go back and just do a clean install

Discus and support Can I go back and just do a clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I originally followed the path to upgrade my 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went fine and I created the USB during the process. Activation was OK.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Can I go back and just do a clean install

I originally followed the path to upgrade my 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went fine and I created the USB during the process. Activation was OK.
    Then after a few days and some unusual problems I reloaded my last Image of 8.1 Pro.
    Question is Can I go back and just do a clean install since I have already did the upgrade process?
    Or do a upgrade again?
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Aug 19, 2015

2. Can I do a clean install? (I upgraded)

Yes, you can perform a direct clean install. You have several methods of performing a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation
    Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.

So, there is no need to know or get a product key, if you need to reinstall Windows 10, you can use your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key or use the reset function in Windows 10.

If you are prompted to enter a product key, click 'I don't have a key' and 'Do this later'

Option 1:

How
    to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

Option 2:

Step 1:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:
    How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can I go back and just do a clean install

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Word Man Win User
    To Windows 10 Pro, right?

Word Man, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Yes.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I go back and just do a clean install

1. Can I go back and just do a clean install - Similar Threads - clean install

2. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  3. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  4. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...
  5. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...
  6. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  7. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  8. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  9. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  10. Windows 10-after hard reset clean install will not boot - black screen, Windows logo, no...

Windows 10-after hard reset clean install will not boot - black screen, Windows logo, no...: I did a "remove everything" reset on a Windows 10 Surface Go yesterday. Left it running overnight with charger plugged in as it had been running for hours and was only at 70%.This morning, it will not boot up. It alternates a few seconds at time between a blank black screen...