Windows 10: CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

Discus and support CAN I GO BACK ??? Please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello from your newest member *Sick I really was not looking to join another forum BUT here I am, A total NUB & about to junk what was a perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016.

1. CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

Hello from your newest member *Sick
    I really was not looking to join another forum BUT here I am, A total NUB & about to junk what was a perfectly Desk Top !

Long story short is I updated a Win 8 DTop to Win 10 yesterday morning & have not been able to use it sence. EVERY time I boot up in will take twice as long as 8 did With some freezing evedent. Once up, if I sign in or not, If I am using it or not, all seems well for about 2 Mins. THEN my screen goes blank. The DT is still sending some kind of signal to the montior because it does not go to sleep. All I know to do at that point is a hard restart. I've done this over 10 times & do not have enough time to try & fix anything even if I knew how.

CAN I GO BACK TO WIN 8 ??? Please tell me I can.. I'll just count the 5 to 6 hours wasted at this point to being a dumb a**
    I'm at a total loss as to any options if I can not see a sceen *Mad

PS: where the heck is spell check in here ???*Confused

:)

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016

2. If i go back to windows 8.1 can i go back to windows 10?

Hello Wakiza,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know if you go back to Windows 8.1, will you be able to again upgrade to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on July 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Revert back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10

Revert back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10

Yes, you can upgrade back to Windows 10 once you revert back to Windows 8.1 in the system.

To download Windows 10, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Download Windows 10

Download Windows 10

If you wish to perform a clean installation of Windows 10, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 27, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

How to: Do a clean install of Windows 10

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 3, 2016
  3. If i go back to windows 8.1 can i go back to windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We are researching on the issue; will update the post soon.

Thanks,

Sahil Bali, Jan 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. After reading the tutorial I don't think my screen will be viewable long enough for me to get though it all PLUS I'm a more than a little concerned about not knowing/seeing anything for hours ( don't know that I have a option though) . Do I need to be on linefor this to work ?? Thanks Again for any help.

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't need to be online. At the login screen, lower right corner, click the power icon, then hold down shift while you click restart. That will get you into troubleshooting options when it restarts.

NavyLCDR, Jan 3, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Looks like you're having problems with GPU drivers, would you consider doing clean install of W10 ?
    Knowing about most important parts of your machine would be helpful.
    Processor, motherboard and graphic card for instance.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2016
  8. CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

NO, I'll just count the 5 to 6 hours wasted at this point to being a dumb a**

Not that I don't like you guys over here BUT I'm not looking for a 3rd job !! I am most deffentally not savy enough to run Win 10. I will be a happy camper if I can get back to 8..
    As I type, The afore mentioned DT is in troubble shooting mode trying to get back to 8. It have well passed the 2 min mark & the sreen is still up *Party*Party*Party. At the top of screen is " GO BACK TO PREVIOUS BUILD" & to the left below that, spinning cricle Restarting . It's been doing this for over 15 min now ! It that what's supposed to happen ???
    THANKS AGAIN for any help to get the box up again

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's best to wait until it's finished.

If it keeps on doing this after another 30 minutes at most, then do a hard shutdown and restart the computer to see if it'll pick up where it left off.

Brink, Jan 3, 2016
  10. After just rereading Option 1 in the Tutorial "go back to pre build" a screen/step seems like it was missing & what is going on right now is not correct ??

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  11. THANKS Brink, I'll set a timmer now for 30 min...

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  12. The option seem to vary slightly from the Tut option 1 BUT I got through all the steps EXCEPT the last one, where the Tut shows the screen should be at RESTORING mine says Restarting ????*Eek

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

The reason everything goes longer when downgrading is that it has to save everything first, than to change system which means as much erasing as writing and after return everything in it's previous place.
    It should restart couple of times to do that.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2016
  14. After an extra 40Mins, I just did a hard restart ( PC for crash !!) during the reboot I got a BLIP then Black screen *Eek BUT a short while later the sreen says "Restoring your previous version of Windows" *Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party

THANKS to all & with any luck to all a good night !

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
  15. I'm not sure I'd consider 8 a downgrade *chuckle*chuckle

harley4jcs, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

1. CAN I GO BACK ??? Please - Similar Threads - Please

2. bought used windows 11 proComputer I thought please advise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought used windows 11 proComputer I thought please advise: Yesterday I answere an add on Facebook windows 11 Computer for sale. I went and looked at it the man showed me the computer said it has windows 11. I bought it from him ande then when I started to look into it I discovered that maybe not all is right with this computer It...
  3. bought used windows 11 proComputer I thought please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bought used windows 11 proComputer I thought please advise: Yesterday I answere an add on Facebook windows 11 Computer for sale. I went and looked at it the man showed me the computer said it has windows 11. I bought it from him ande then when I started to look into it I discovered that maybe not all is right with this computer It...
  4. please access dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please access dump files: error code - kernel security check failureNew folderthese are the dump files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-access-dump-files/da8c2051-51da-4d58-a05f-fe809cbf7a77
  5. please access dump files

please access dump files: error code - kernel security check failureNew folderthese are the dump files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-access-dump-files/da8c2051-51da-4d58-a05f-fe809cbf7a77
  6. please access dump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please access dump files: error code - kernel security check failureNew folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-access-dump-files/da8c2051-51da-4d58-a05f-fe809cbf7a77
  7. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  8. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  9. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b