Windows 10: Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers.

Discus and support Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife and I each have 2 win 10 computers and would like mine to both have the same files and hers to have the same files etc. I don't want mine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nodsirrah, Sep 19, 2017.

1. nodsirrah Win User

Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers.

My wife and I each have 2 win 10 computers and would like mine to both have the same files and hers to have the same files etc. I don't want mine to interfere with hers and hers to interfere with mine.
    I have no experience with networking and my brain is hampered with prescription chemcals so if this is possible I would appreciate detailed instructions.
    Thanks

:)

nodsirrah, Sep 19, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Can I install my version of Windows on 2 computers?

from the link you provided

c. Using Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
    Your DreamSpark Direct Subscription includes certain Windows operating system products. You may install these products
    only on a computer that is already licensed to run a full version
    of a Windows operating system on it, as evidenced by a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for a Windows operating system affixed to the computer.

As ZigZag3143 pointed out the answer to the question you asked is no. you can't use the same copy of windows 10 or the copy of windows 8 that you upgraded to 10.

however the other answers you have received are also correct - assuming you are not building the computer yourself (ie components and no OS) then either Windows 8.1 will be installed, which you can upgrade for free, or windows 10 will be installed, you can
    use the same Microsoft account to logon.

Martmcd, Sep 19, 2017
  3. pixelrbit Win User
    Can I install my version of Windows on 2 computers?

Sorry to bother you, but I just found this: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Direct-EULA.aspx

It states "You may install and use two (2) copies of the DreamSpark Direct Subscription software on your devices"

Since I acquired my copy through DreamSpark (MSDNAA), I should be able to activate my Windows on 2 machines, no?

pixelrbit, Sep 19, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

No you cannot create two different Homegroups. All that a homegroup is is a private connection to libraries between 1 Master and 1 Slave. If you want to share folders to specific people, you can set Password restrictions and create a user to access those folders or just foot for a NAS and then you can make it so that you have specific rules for each user.

bro67, Sep 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers. - Similar Threads - homegroups computers computers

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  4. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can i unlink 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i unlink 2 computers?: So i’ve been using my moms onedrive and microsoft for the last few years because she hasn’t had a use for it and i’ve accumulated a lot of files over the years. My problem is that recently she got a computer for school which uses the same microsoft account i have been using,...
  6. How can i unlink 2 computers?

How can i unlink 2 computers?: So i’ve been using my moms onedrive and microsoft for the last few years because she hasn’t had a use for it and i’ve accumulated a lot of files over the years. My problem is that recently she got a computer for school which uses the same microsoft account i have been using,...
  7. If I have 2 accounts for 2 computers can I make both run on one account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I have 2 accounts for 2 computers can I make both run on one account: I have two computers and two accounts. Can I delete the old account and use only one for both devices? desktop and laptop. Would there be any issues considering the laptop is Windows 10 and desktop is Windows 8. Would I lose anything like email. I would back up all documents...
  8. If I have 2 accounts for 2 computers can I make both run on one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have 2 accounts for 2 computers can I make both run on one account: I have two computers and two accounts. Can I delete the old account and use only one for both devices? desktop and laptop. Would there be any issues considering the laptop is Windows 10 and desktop is Windows 8. Would I lose anything like email. I would back up all documents...
  9. If I have 2 accounts for 2 computers can I make both run on one account

10. 2 computers 2 different networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 computers 2 different networks: I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The machines are identical except that 1 has Windows 10 Pro and the other Windows 10 Home. I can see both computers on the network, but...