Windows 10: Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?

Discus and support Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I right click, there is no option to 'create shortcut' to put on desktop. It says 'copy shortcut', I clicked that, but nothing happens. How come... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ImLost Win User

Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?

When I right click, there is no option to 'create shortcut' to put on desktop. It says 'copy shortcut', I clicked that, but nothing happens. How come 'create shortcut' for dsktp icon is not always there for different sites?

:)

ImLost, Jan 6, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

how can I create a shortcut on the desktop? I have a website I would like to create a shortcut for and nothing I try has worked. Thanks

First, copy the URL for the website to your clipboard (right-click on it in the address bar of your browser and select Copy). Next, right click on the desktop and select New...shortcut. In the window that opens, paste the copied URL into the box, then
    click Next. In the next window, give the shortcut a name, then click Finish.

JimWynne, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Ruthie515 Win User
    how can I create a shortcut on the desktop? I have a website I would like to create a shortcut for and nothing I try has worked. Thanks

create shortcut on desktop

Ruthie515, Jan 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Right click on the Windows TenForums Logo and select copy link. The go to your desktop and right click and select Paste Shortcut.

philc43, Jan 6, 2016
  5. If you are using IE, just click the icon next to the address, hold shift, drag onto the Desktop.

nigelmercier, Jan 6, 2016
  6. If you're using Firefox, literally just click and hold the icon just to the left of the web address, and drag it to your desktop.

joedaman633, Jan 6, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    In ie you can go to file > Send > Shortcut to Desktop

essenbe, Jan 6, 2016
  8. Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?

Makes me laugh that in Windows there's always a million and one ways of doing things Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum? :p

joedaman633, Jan 6, 2016
  9. You can also do this (without the shift) in IE, but it makes a pinned link, which are pointless.

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum? - Similar Threads - desktop shortcut W10

2. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  3. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  4. Can I automatically remove shortcuts on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I automatically remove shortcuts on desktop?: Hey I have a laptop provided by my organization that automatically adds around 7 shortcuts to my desktop every time I turn on the computer. I'd assume the network admins have done this to help with locating important sites we may need, however, I'm not in need of having the...
  5. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  6. Can I block desktop shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I block desktop shortcuts?: Is there a way to like globally block application installs from creating a desktop shortcut? I'd prefer not to need to look for the checkbox to stop the desktop shortcut every time I install an app, and there are so many things that don't even ask before they put a shortcut...
  7. How can I create a shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a shortcut to desktop?: A new version of Windows 10 has no way to create shortcuts to my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-shortcut-to-desktop/f34335b0-ea8d-42f5-b9ad-e0b25646d620
  8. In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?: (Windows 10 Home version 1803 build 17134.165) I know that I can create shortcuts to top-level dialogs like Settings but can I also create them for sub-dialogs? The one I want most is to virus signature update. Even a special case shortcut to this one thing would be an...
  9. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  10. Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses

in Browsers and Email
    Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses: 1) How do I create a shortcut to a webpage in Windows 10? I used to right click, and a list would appear to choose from. This is no longer the case. It says "Inspect Element" That's it. 2) There is a forum website I have been using for years. Before installing Windows 10,...