Windows 10: Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

Discus and support Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andreas Thiemke, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?

:)

Andreas Thiemke, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops
    if I plug in the ethernet cable. Both the WiFi and the ethernet work fine by themselves, just not at the same time so I don't think it is a driver problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

PrestonClark4, Mar 18, 2023
  3. how to set wifi connection as preferred one over ethernet connection when connected at a time

Hi Bhavani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Wifi as the preferred connection when you have both the wifi and Ethernet connected to the computer. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type ncpa.cpl and press enter.

3. Press Alt, click on advanced and select
    advanced settings

4. Under connections in advanced settings, you will see both wifi and Ethernet listed.

5. Click on "wifi" and click on the green arrow
    pointing up.

6. This will move wifi to the top.

The next time you access the internet, the wifi connection will be set as the first preference.

Hope this helps.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 18, 2023
  4. srdavis Win User

Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

Make Windows 10 connect/disconnect to WiFi based on Ethernet connection status

Steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Network and Sharing Center > click on 'Change adapter settings' then use the 'alt button' to show menus and select Advanced Settings...
    2. Under Connections section, select Ethernet, and use the arrows to the right to move Ethernet above WiFi.
    3. Click OK.

Windows will now prefer the Ethernet over the WiFi for connecting to the internet. This should apply for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

srdavis, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

1. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time - Similar Threads - ethernet connection wifi

2. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  3. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  4. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  5. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  6. ethernet & WIFI connections

ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  7. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  8. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  9. No WIFI or Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No WIFI or Ethernet connection: I have just built a new computer and downloaded an older version of Windows 10 from a USB I had laying around with the intention of updating the system to the newest version of Windows 10, however, I cannot connect to either WIFI or Ethernet meaning that I cannot just update...
  10. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525