Windows 10: Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

Discus and support Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by planet99, Sep 9, 2018.

1. planet99 Win User

Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first:

Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10?

I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders and files I can access quickly.

Right now, I see the same folders and files on both desktops *Sad

Maybe there is a better way to do this... I guess I could just create two NEW folders (one called work, one called home) and just put all the folders and files on my desktop into those two folders, but that might require me to be organized, which is apparently not one of my strong suits.

Thanks in advance.

:)

planet99, Sep 9, 2018
  2. MichaelRamey Win User

Different desktop for different users

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. How do a set up different desktops views for the different users in my households. These views should have their own folders and applications. Thanks

MichaelRamey, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Ronnie Vernon Win User
    Different desktop for different users

Hi Michael

Different Desktops as well as all of the other personal folders has always been the default setup in Windows.

These are automatically set up when a new User Account is created.

Create a local user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Sep 9, 2018
  4. gamingturkey1 Win User

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? - Similar Threads - Different Folders Different

2. Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops: I have my personal laptop at work, which I use for both work purposes and also for personal purposes. My work provides wifi access, which I need to use to access IP authenticated services they provide, but as I also use my laptop for personal stuff, I have a personal wifi...
  3. Can I have different configurations per account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I have different configurations per account: I have a sort of specific problem. I have 1 computer which I use for 2 different things: gaming and as an HTPC. I have a monitor and a TV connected to the pc. When I game I want my sound to come from my asus sound card. The monitor should be the primary screen. When I use...
  4. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...
  5. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  6. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  7. Can I have my VM or any application start in a different desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have my VM or any application start in a different desktop?: Just curious.*Tongue*Tongue 19113
  8. Cannot start different PDFs on different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start different PDFs on different desktops: This is a possible glitch. I want to have two desktops with a different PDF loaded on each one. When I try to load the second PDF on the 2nd desktop, it switches back to Desktop 1 and opens the PDF there instead. 4586
  9. Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt: Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each desktops? And can you have desktops saved permanently even after a reboot? 42072
  10. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?: Is it possible when I go to task view and choose a different desktop that I could have certain desktop icons only on one? 57735