Windows 10: Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

Discus and support Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by planet99, Sep 9, 2018.

1. planet99 Win User

Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first:

Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10?

I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders and files I can access quickly.

Right now, I see the same folders and files on both desktops *Sad

Maybe there is a better way to do this... I guess I could just create two NEW folders (one called work, one called home) and just put all the folders and files on my desktop into those two folders, but that might require me to be organized, which is apparently not one of my strong suits.

Thanks in advance.

:)

planet99, Sep 9, 2018

2. Different desktop for different users

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. How do a set up different desktops views for the different users in my households. These views should have their own folders and applications. Thanks

MichaelRamey, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Different desktop for different users

Hi Michael

Different Desktops as well as all of the other personal folders has always been the default setup in Windows.

These are automatically set up when a new User Account is created.

Create a local user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

1. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops??? - Similar Threads - Different Folders Different

2. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  3. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  4. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?: I have two screens for my PC. I want one taskbar to have all my entertainment related shortcuts and the other to have all my work related shortcuts. I don't want to clutter the screen with shortcuts and would like the taskbar to hold them. Is there a way to make the taskbar...
  6. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  7. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  8. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  9. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  10. Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt: Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each desktops? And can you have desktops saved permanently even after a reboot? 42072