Windows 10: Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

Discus and support Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lbeck, Feb 2, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor and HDMI for a HDMI-only second monitor (actually a cheap lo-res small TV).

My main monitor doesn't accept HDMI and my graphics card has only HDMI and DVI output. I have other saved graphics cards that have VGA and maybe DVI output - and I have unused card slots on my computer.

My question before I go further is this: If I install a second graphics card will it be possible for my computer to read both simultaneously and use a new configuration of [main = DVI] and second [(additional card) VGA or DVI]?

:)

lbeck, Feb 2, 2017

2. Can I have multiple copies of Windows 10 on same Microsoft Account?

I have two computers. One is very old, and had Windows 7 with a product key that upgraded to Windows 10 for free. I also purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro to install on a computer I built from scratch on the store. But I can find any record of it anywhere
    in my purchase history and no record of a product key?

I also bought a pre-built computer from ibuypower, and it came with Windows 10 Home already installed on it. When I check the computer's information, it says that it's a "digital license", but I have a product key on the side of the case that I never had
    to enter.

I can find no where in my microsoft account to account for how many license keys I own, and how many times I can use them, or for what or how many machines.

I'm still used to the old days of Windows XP, with one key that can be used on machine at a time.

This new system they have is very convoluted and confusing and I can't find a single lucid, easy to understand explanation of the difference between a product key and a "digital license" and what it is or how it even works!

What is a "digital license" and where is it stored? Doesn't there have to be a "product key" of some kind somewhere that Windows registers to know that a "copy" of the software has been purchased and that can be installed on 1 machine at a time?

Where can I view how many copies of Windows 10 I "own"?

Right now, if I formatted all of my computers, and wiped them out, and constructed a brand new fourth computer from scratch, and installed Windows 10, how would I choose which one that I install?

I don't understand this at all. It seems completely insane to purchase a copy of Windows with no guaranteed proof of purchase such as a product key.

Someone please explain this all to me and help me find where my licenses and keys are stored!

MatthewBrodie, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Can I have multiple copies of Windows 10 on same Microsoft Account?

What if buy a new upgrade for Windows 10? How do I decide which license gets the upgrade?

MatthewBrodie, Feb 2, 2017
  4. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

There are HDMI to DVI adapters. I'm using one in my 3 monitor setup. My video card has HDMI, DVI, DVI. My monitors are all DVI. You lose the sound part of the HDMI, but if the monitor is DVI it doesn't matter anyway. It won't let you run 3 monitors but you could swap the TV out for the 22 monitor.
    Multiple Video cards are doable on most motherboards. Just make sure you have free slot matching the video cards connector. And that your power supply can handle it. If your current card is NVidia, I'd get a second NVidia, If its AMD - AMD etc.

alphanumeric, Feb 2, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

1. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer? - Similar Threads - multiple cards multiple

2. I have a switch so I can hookup multiple computers to the same monitors, mouse keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a switch so I can hookup multiple computers to the same monitors, mouse keyboard and...: I want the taskbar to stay on the left side of my right secondary not main monitor. this problem rears its ugly head in so many different ways and has been brought up in many forms, I have tried locking it, set power modes etc etc etc etc.....nothing seems to solve this...
  3. I have a switch so I can hookup multiple computers to the same monitors, mouse keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a switch so I can hookup multiple computers to the same monitors, mouse keyboard and...: I want the taskbar to stay on the left side of my right secondary not main monitor. this problem rears its ugly head in so many different ways and has been brought up in many forms, I have tried locking it, set power modes etc etc etc etc.....nothing seems to solve this...
  4. I have a switch so I can hookup multiple computers to the same monitors, mouse keyboard and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can i connect multiple Windows computers to the same digtal lcience and have windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i connect multiple Windows computers to the same digtal lcience and have windows...: Im going to make a new pc for myself and want to know if i need a new key to see if i add it to the budget or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-multiple-windows-computers-to-the/f92cb3d5-c700-4a6f-bbfc-7852698afe9e
  6. Can i connect multiple Windows computers to the same digtal lcience and have windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i connect multiple Windows computers to the same digtal lcience and have windows...: Im going to make a new pc for myself and want to know if i need a new key to see if i add it to the budget or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-multiple-windows-computers-to-the/f92cb3d5-c700-4a6f-bbfc-7852698afe9e
  7. Install same software on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install same software on multiple computers: Is there any way that I can install the same software and apps on several Win 10 computers without having to download it for each and every computer? It is very costly on data to download the same thing over and over again. Can't I download it just once to a .exe file and...
  8. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  9. Same screensaver on multiple computers

Same screensaver on multiple computers: We already had a laptop with Windows 10, and I recently bought a second computer also with Windows 10. After powering up the new one several times I noticed that it had somehow adopted the same screensaver as the laptop had, presumably through the internet or at least locally...
  10. Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?: Can I install word 2007 and leave word 2002 on the PC, so that I can choose to run either? OR would installing word 2007 destroy word 2002 ? 88221