Windows 10: Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

Discus and support Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It has stopped doing it. Last night after figuring out the spdif sound pass thru for the TV, I was able to hear same sound out of HDMI and the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

It has stopped doing it.
    Last night after figuring out the spdif sound pass thru for the TV, I was able to hear same sound out of HDMI and the PC speakers, but this morning NO, it is only one or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not get it to do it again. But I did find voicemeter does output same audio with no delay so no echo at all, to 2 playback devices.Install it, run program, set A1 to spdif, A2 to speakers, playbacks same sound to both at same time.
    If you close voicemeter, sound turns off, so it has to b running and set to default for playback.
    VB-Audio VoiceMeeter

So its solved but not like it was working before, which was a win10 fluke, but since it had been working, win10 could do it by itself somehow.

Easiest way to autostart at boot, put a shortcut to voicemeter in the win10 startup folder, winkey+r, then type shell:startup to open folder.

:)

sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019

2. Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

It has stopped doing it.
    Last night after figuring out the spdif sound pass thru for the TV, I was able to hear same sound out of HDMI and the PC speakers, but this morning NO, it is only one or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not get it to do it again. But I did find voicemeter does output same audio with no delay so no echo at all, to 2 playback devices.Install it, run program, set A1 to spdif, A2 to speakers, playbacks same sound to both at same time.
    If you close voicemeter, sound turns off, so it has to b running and set to default for playback.
    VB-Audio VoiceMeeter

So its solved but not like it was working before, which was a win10 fluke, but since it had been working, win10 could do it by itself somehow.

Easiest way to autostart at boot, put a shortcut to voicemeter in the win10 startup folder, winkey+r, then type shell:startup to open folder.

sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

Problem with SPDIF/IO on Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

Look the is only SPDIF Out in the list but no SPDIF In (SPDIF Uit = SPDIF Out in Dutch)

Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this c5b00be1-fd93-478b-9158-4b30258fef42.png

DinoDiesel, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

1. Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this - Similar Threads - speaker spdif same

2. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  3. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  4. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  6. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...
  7. Connect two speaker as same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect two speaker as same time: Hi i have two different speaker one speaker is normal desktop speaker that connects into 3.5 Jack and another speaker is bluetooth portable speaker but it can connect with 3.5 jack. My pc has only one speaker jack that is green i connect desktop speaker into it and bluetooth...
  8. Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?: Can I install word 2007 and leave word 2002 on the PC, so that I can choose to run either? OR would installing word 2007 destroy word 2002 ? 88221
  9. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...
  10. How do I have 2 Environments at the same time

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I have 2 Environments at the same time: I have a Microsoft Surface Book connected to 2 external monitors and I remote into my work PC using VMWare software. I would like to use that environment on the external monitors and my regular Windows 10 environment on my Surface Book display. Is this possible? If so what do...