Windows 10: Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

Discus and support Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC with 2 drives. Drive 1 has Windows 10 installed. Drive 2 is a storage drive, but I would also like to install another copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vlv244, Sep 6, 2020.

1. /u/vlv244 Win User

Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

Hi, I have a PC with 2 drives. Drive 1 has Windows 10 installed. Drive 2 is a storage drive, but I would also like to install another copy of Windows 10 on it.

I unplugged Drive 1, installed Windows 10 on Drive 2, and everything was fine. Then, when I plugged Drive 1 back in, I could only load my original installation of Windows 10 from Drive 1. Even when I change the boot order, I just can't boot into the Drive 2 installation of Windows 10. As a matter of fact, I can't boot into even Drive 1 unless Drive 2 is unplugged. It just continues loading at the boot screen forever after the initial boot screen flash.

Any idea what I can do to successfully have 2 drives both plugged in and each loaded with their own copy of Windows 10 to boot/run/operate successfully? Thanks

submitted by /u/vlv244
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vlv244, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

1. Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system? - Similar Threads - installed separate drives

2. Can I operate under the same user file system for two separate user accounts? One...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I operate under the same user file system for two separate user accounts? One...: What I'm trying to do seems like an incredibly ordinary scenario, yet I can't find anything that indicates I'm able to do it. I'm trying to harden my Windows security by creating a new local account that doesn't have administrator privileges to become my regular user account...
  3. Can I operate under the same user file system for two separate user accounts? One...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I operate under the same user file system for two separate user accounts? One...: What I'm trying to do seems like an incredibly ordinary scenario, yet I can't find anything that indicates I'm able to do it. I'm trying to harden my Windows security by creating a new local account that doesn't have administrator privileges to become my regular user account...
  4. How to Install and Use TWO Separate Windows 11 installations on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Install and Use TWO Separate Windows 11 installations on the same machine?: I would like to install on either separate drives or partitions two separate instances of Windows 11 Pro on my PC, and be able to choose which one to load at startup. Are there best practices/guides for doing this? And how would activation of separate licenses which I assume...
  5. How to Install and Use TWO Separate Windows 11 installations on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Install and Use TWO Separate Windows 11 installations on the same machine?: I would like to install on either separate drives or partitions two separate instances of Windows 11 Pro on my PC, and be able to choose which one to load at startup. Are there best practices/guides for doing this? And how would activation of separate licenses which I assume...
  6. Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...: Will I have any problem with this? I want to install Windows 10 on 2 separate SSD's, but it's extremely important for both installations to have C: as their drive letter. I also want to not be able to access the other drive, when booting from one....
  7. having two pagefile.sys on separate drives

in Windows 10 Support
    having two pagefile.sys on separate drives: I have two pagefile.sys, first one on my 250GB SSD and second one on my 2TB HDD, I use HDD for games and storing video materials, is it good to have two pagefile.sys? 159170
  8. What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?: I've got a 2TB HDD (additional storage, not the main SSD where the windows install is) - an admin user and a standard user. I want the admin obv to have access to everything, but the standard user to have their own storage on a portion of the additional HDD but not to be able...
  9. Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system: I currently have a m.2 ssd in my laptop but have room for an additional 2.5 inch ssd and another m.2 - I plan to fill every slot. My only 2.5 inch ssd already has windows and additional data on it, my question is: do I need to wipe my 2.5 inch ssd for it to work or will it...
  10. Can I install windows 10 on two HDs in same PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on two HDs in same PC: I have desktop PC with two build in HDs one SSD can I install windows 10 on both and can reboot from any of them? has it to be same version and build of windows or can be different?...