Windows 10: Can I hide system files?

Discus and support Can I hide system files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to hide all files that weren't created by me, this includes system files such as the Windows, Program files, etc. folders. Should/can I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheBossChamp, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Can I hide system files?

I want to hide all files that weren't created by me, this includes system files such as the Windows, Program files, etc. folders. Should/can I do this?

:)

TheBossChamp, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

How do I hide system files Thumbs.db and desktop.ini ?

Hello
    NumbGnome,

You can hide protected system files by following the steps below:

1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
    2. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
    3. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select
      Don't show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
    4. Make sure "Hide protected operating system files" is ticked.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 2, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Can I hide system files?

Show / hide files HELP..

Which method did you use to "hide" your file ?

blobster21, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I hide system files?

1. Can I hide system files? - Similar Threads - hide system files

2. Hide *.modd files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide *.modd files.: I use MS 365. I use OneDrive.I use a Sony s6000 camera. I use Sony PlayMemories Home software to import my photos and videos from my camera to my hard drive.I have transferred photos and videos from my hard drive to OneDrive.PlayMemories Home creates *.modd files for the...
  3. i can not change the location of a file system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can not change the location of a file system: Hello my problem is that i can not change the location of the file system [Download] and i tried everything i will sent you some captures of the problem....
  4. How can i hide a specific program in the system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i hide a specific program in the system tray: Hi , so i want to hide a specific program in the system tray [ATTACH] can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-a-specific-program-in-the-system/f7f09999-9397-44e8-b1d0-792a49d3721b
  5. Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?: Hello! So even since I use this computer with Windows 10 I have this "problem" where I can see all the .bak files, and I have to hide them manually. This happens with .doc, .xls and .html files. I use FreeOffice, I don't know if that has anything to do with this. (When I had...
  6. Can I hide Windows folders?

Can I hide Windows folders?: Can I hide Windows folders to get better transparency when I go through the User folder or Program Files and Program Files (x86)? i.g. In Program Files there above 10 Windows folder such as Windows Defender, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Mail, etc. Can...
  7. File Hiding

File Hiding: No not that type of hiding but I have a file that not I really wanna hide but I just wanna stash it into a folder that I don't wanna accidentally stumble upon where should I stash them submitted by /u/PotatoHeadr [link] [comments]...
  8. hiding a file

in Cortana
    hiding a file: help me hide a file in Windows 10 computer. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-a-file/8928317e-ae23-4af0-a951-e909056a6500"
  9. Can I delete duplicate system files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete duplicate system files?: I had moved my files from my OS drive to my DATA drive, because it had more space, and forgot to deselect the system files, and I cannot undo what I did. Is it safe to delete them? 132512
  10. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users: Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do with another user. Users in this case to mean Windows 10 "Standard User" Please note that if solution cannot be accomplished...