Windows 10: Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...

Discus and support Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or even if not, I know how to do it, so I don't need directions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adwissler, Aug 14, 2022.

1. adwissler Win User

Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...

Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or even if not, I know how to do it, so I don't need directions on how to.

:)

adwissler, Aug 14, 2022

2. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Aug 14, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Any way to edit the registry without loading Windows?

You will need to find a way to grant yourself permissions for full control of that hive/key.
    Just as the "Trusted Installer" has.
    You may have to log on as admin to do this.

Grant Read Write (Full Control) Permissions on Registry Keys (Fix Cannot Import and Access Denied Error in RegEdit)
    How to change Registry Permissions with RegIni.exe (VBScript)

And, a search to start you on your quest.

I did it a long time ago, to get rid of & edit some hives, keys, etc.
    Goodluck.*Smile Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key?  If so, or... :)

95Viper, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...

1. Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or... - Similar Threads - import list service

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or...: Can i import a list of service permissions into permissions for a registry key? If so, or even if not, I know how to do it, so I don't need directions on how to....
  5. hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path: Hello,I am in the process of fixing any clients that have the unquoted service path vulnerability but have hit a snag.All is good until it finds the sophos hitman pro service hmpalertsvc as it cannot change the imagepath. I have checked the permissions on the key and...
  6. check the permission of a registry key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    check the permission of a registry key: how to view the permissions of a registry key using CMD ? submitted by /u/oneto221 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwv51c/check_the_permission_of_a_registry_key/
  7. hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path: Good morning / afternoon everyone; We have a new issue that appeared after the February updates for Windows 10. All of our Windows 10 machines now have an unquoted service path vulnerability verified for the hmpalertsvc service. I have attempted running regedit as...
  8. Registry permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry permissions: I edited registry HKEY_CURRENT _CONFIG permission but then it deleted all users automatically except the one i created recently. Now i can't access anything i tried to restart computer and reset it from advanced optionshift + restart but after 50 - 60 % it comes back to...
  9. Permission for apps & services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permission for apps & services: I was reading over some material on my computers settings. In one section it mentioned: Giving Permission to apps & services. Can somebody please explain to me what that sentence means? - "Giving Permission to apps & services" Thanks, George ;...
  10. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...