Windows 10: Can I import people from People App on another computer?

Discus and support Can I import people from People App on another computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present. Is there some way I can get them from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, May 15, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Can I import people from People App on another computer?

For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present.
    Is there some way I can get them from the laptop to desktop?

Both machines run under the same MS account.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, May 15, 2019
  2. pallen38 Win User

how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

pallen38, May 15, 2019
  3. dscanlon Win User
    Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, May 15, 2019
  4. Can I import people from People App on another computer?

How to find People app in Windows 10.

This HP computer I just bought with ten on it does not have the people app. It is not in the tiles, or the see all apps or found on the hard drive. Thank you for your help. Every search I did to find it with search engines only showed me how to use it.

how do you make a search engine search for what you are looking for?

goat_driver, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Can I import people from People App on another computer?

1. Can I import people from People App on another computer? - Similar Threads - import App another

2. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  3. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  4. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  5. Importing from GMail to My People

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing from GMail to My People: Is there any way to import email contacts from GMail to My People? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-from-gmail-to-my-people/bbb008c6-d72e-47b8-861e-32e902ad7f2d
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  8. Delete people from the People App

Delete people from the People App: I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want to do; it the please permit me....
  9. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App: I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-contact-file-from-internet-explorer-into/da67406c-a802-42ac-bab0-24022a6b12ed
  10. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a