Windows 10: Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)?

Discus and support Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here is my story in short: Did a clean install last week and received the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10 (the May 2020 update) version 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by perfection, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)?

Here is my story in short:

Did a clean install last week and received the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10 (the May 2020 update) version 2004 (build 19041.264). Tried to use project to this computer and in due course realized that the entire PPIProjection system app was MISSING from the install (seriously!). tried searching with the key word and the laptop did not return a single hit (on my other laptop there were not less than 14 hits including many in the SxS folder - but this laptop is running a windows 10 version prior to the above)

So what do i do....
    Goggled on the net, came across some stuff i could do and eve read Shawn Brink's terrific article on reinstalling, registering and troubleshooting apps etc

So i lift the app from my other laptop which has it in windows -systemapps and paste it in windows - program files- windowsapps (for which i had to take ownership of the folder and objects within)

Then i tried to register the app with the following Powershell command (run with and without admin UAC control)
    $ManifestPath = 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.PPIProjection_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppxManifest.xml'
    Add-AppxPackage -Path $ManifestPath -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode

I kept getting this message
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFF, To install this application you need either a Windows
    developer license or a sideloading-enabled system.
    Deployment of package Microsoft.PPIProjection_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy with package origin
    Unsigned failed because no valid license or sideloading policy could be applied. A developer license
    (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=233074) or enterprise sideloading configuration
    (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=231020) may be required.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] f1d7c80a-3e5c-0001-c203-d8f15c3ed601 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID f1d7c80a-3e5c-0001-c203-d8f15c3ed601
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path $ManifestPath -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\program file...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

So i even go to settings - update and security - for developers and turned on the setting "install apps from any source including loose files" (this section has a changed interface in the latest build of windows 10) . Ran the commands to register again but continued receiving the above listed error

I am now tearing my hair in frustration and would like to ask experts here what i can do?

When i clean installed the windows package i had imaged my laptop system drive. I mounted the image and looked within the windows -systemapps and program files- windowsapps folders BUT Microsoft.PPIProjection_cw5n1h2txyewy is not there too and this is a fresh install using media creation tool

So refreshing the laptop will do nothing, I guess

I AM STUMPED!

Any help pleeeeeease?!??

:)

perfection, Jun 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)?

Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)?

1. Can i install a missing system app (PPI Projection)? - Similar Threads - install missing system

2. I'm missing several apps that I have installed on Windows 11 in the list of apps. How can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm missing several apps that I have installed on Windows 11 in the list of apps. How can i...: Belarc Advisor is installed - shown on right. Start Menu's "All Apps" does not show it on left. My problem is the 20 or so apps unlisted and I have to open C:\Program Files x86 just to see what's installed on my machine, and/or try to recall from my memory what I've...
  3. I'm missing several apps that I have installed on Windows 11 in the list of apps. How can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm missing several apps that I have installed on Windows 11 in the list of apps. How can i...: Belarc Advisor is installed - shown on right. Start Menu's "All Apps" does not show it on left. My problem is the 20 or so apps unlisted and I have to open C:\Program Files x86 just to see what's installed on my machine, and/or try to recall from my memory what I've...
  4. Projecting Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting Driver Missing: Few weeks ago, I tried to project through a HDMI cable on my computer...but it shows an error message: "Your PC doesn't support....Please Check the driver and update" I've tried updating all the drivers from :Settings/Windows Update/Optional Updates But still shows the same...
  5. Projecting Driver Missing

Projecting Driver Missing: Few weeks ago, I tried to project through a HDMI cable on my computer...but it shows an error message: "Your PC doesn't support....Please Check the driver and update" I've tried updating all the drivers from :Settings/Windows Update/Optional Updates But still shows the same...
  6. Solved Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing

Solved Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing: I got solution for Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing. in windows 10 1. Go to windows setting>[ATTACH] 2.System>Projecting to This Pc [ATTACH] 3 Here you will see option to add or install feature at place Launch the connect app 4 then...
  7. I can not install apps on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can not install apps on PC: When I am trying to download any app,I get the error "the netwrok path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available." What’s your idea?...
  8. Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing: For some reason, my Windows 10 Pro on my laptop does not come with the "Projecting to this PC" features. On my other Windows 10 computer, I can find this features under "Settings/Projecting to this PC" , but that settings is completely absented on my laptop. After some...
  9. Missing Projects

Missing Projects: While working in Paint 3d, on a normal 2d project, the program crashed. It has done this multiple times before but my current open project has always been listed as a "Recovered Project". This time not only was my project not there, there were no projects; ANYWHERE! All of my...
  10. Microsoft Photos App - Video Project - Can I 'Select All' for Motion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos App - Video Project - Can I 'Select All' for Motion: I've started to use the Microsoft Photos app to create videos of my stills. Very nice. However, I feel the finshed videos would look better with a little motion in them. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, I have to click on each picture individually to apply motion. As...