Windows 10: Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.

Discus and support Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just built a new PC and installed the latest April release v2004 of 64bit Windows 10 Pro from scratch on a fresh clean M.2 drive. I've had nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mugsy'sRapSheet, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.

I just built a new PC and installed the latest April release v2004 of 64bit Windows 10 Pro from scratch on a fresh clean M.2 drive.

I've had nothing but trouble. An absolute nightmare. Every existing folder on my reused drives tells me I "don't have permission" to access my own folders I found an app that fixes this on a case-by-case basis, but it's annoying to do ONCE. Now multiply that times 10,000 for every folder.

My TV tuner playback is choppy & unwatchable and I have no idea why. It was a miracle I got it working at all had to replace a couple of Windows DLLs with earlier versions.

And every time I Cold Boot my computer, there is a long pause before Windows finally starts, then I get bombarded by a repeated "device connected" sound over & over again for 2 minutes, after which I must still reboot to get everything working normally. It's an absolute mess.

I have an earlier version of Win10... v1903... installed on an ancient 12 year old PC that runs perfectly. Before I built this new PC, I was using it for several weeks with the same drives and TV tuner. Never had a problem. But v2004 has been nothing but trouble.

So I'd like to install old v1903 the version on the old PC that runs smoothly over my exiting v2004. Hopefully, that will resolve all these problems.

Can I install v1903 over v2004 without having to reinstall all of my programs?

PS: I don't know what they are doing over there as MSHQ, but you REALLY screwed things up BAD this time!

:)

Mugsy'sRapSheet, Aug 9, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.

1. Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble. - Similar Threads - install earlier version

2. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?: Windows 10 1703 wouldn't upgrade I tried many times over the past year or so but I tried again yesterday and now gives errors on boot 0xc0000225, then 0xc000007 over and over. I see that creating boot media using Windows Media Creation Tool is what is recommended to fix this,...
  3. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?: Windows 10 1703 wouldn't upgrade I tried many times over the past year or so but I tried again yesterday and now gives errors on boot 0xc0000225, then 0xc000007 over and over. I see that creating boot media using Windows Media Creation Tool is what is recommended to fix this,...
  4. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Revert to earlier version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revert to earlier version: I did a clean install of 20h2 with a Win 10 flash dirve that I purchased. After numerous issues black screen, blue screen, freezes I figured out that the new Win 10 20H2 does not like my EVGA nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card. It actually hates it. If I install the card, the...
  6. How i can install An earlier version Xbox game bar windows 10?

How i can install An earlier version Xbox game bar windows 10?: I updated Xbox game bar windows 10 but I don't like this update and is not works good how I can download xbox game bar Previous version, like version 1 month ago, please I really need help...
  7. Install an Earlier Version as Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install an Earlier Version as Update: Is there a way to roll back W10 as an update after Go back to an earlier build is not available anymore? Without having to reinstall and setup everything again. Thank you. submitted by /u/antonioat8 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to download and install an earlier version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install an earlier version of Windows 10: Microsoft maintains support for several versions of its Windows 10 operating system for Home users and even more versions for Enterprise customers. While it is often a good idea to upgrade or install the latest version that Microsoft released, e.g. Windows 10 version 1903 at...
  9. Earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Earlier versions of Windows: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 17134. I have a software program that is only tested to Build 1709. Can I have both (or either) running on the new laptop, as it will only be used for running the software....
  10. Can Cortana be installed on a version of Win earlier than 10?

Can Cortana be installed on a version of Win earlier than 10?: I know there's an app for phones, but is there one for desktops that can be installed on Win 7? 96486