Windows 10: Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a...

Discus and support Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 pro OEM key from market at low price. I installed windows and activated the Windows with that key. Its running fine and working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Osama050, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Osama050 Win User

Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a...

I bought Windows 10 pro OEM key from market at low price. I installed windows and activated the Windows with that key. Its running fine and working 100% with no issue. I just read today that OEM keys are only for computer manufacturer companies or system builders. I am not a manufacturer or system builder I just bought it and activated my windows with that key for my own laptop. So is it allowed to use OEM key for our own Laptop or PC. What are the License terms for OEM keys as I read on internet that its for system builders not for end user. I don't want to break any license terms.

:)

Osama050, Mar 24, 2021

2. Is it legal to install windows 10 home 64 bit with oem system builder license on brand new personal pc/laptop to personal use

To the authority microsoft party

Please make sure

That oem sisytem builder license

Legal to install for personal pc/laptop or personal laptop?

I bought a laptop without operating system

And then I bought a windows 10 64 bit with oem system builder license

Is it legal to install windows 10 64 bit with oem system builder license to my new laptop?

Cause i am not an system builder . I am just an civil servant in my country

WidiaAstuti, Mar 24, 2021
  3. install oem license multiple time in just one pc

Not a problem reinstalling on Windows 10 OEM on the same machine.

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

you can perform a clean install, several ways:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Option 4:

How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 with the Refresh Tool

Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a...

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a...

1. Can I install and use OEM license for my personal use PC or Laptop as I am not a... - Similar Threads - install OEM license

2. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  3. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  4. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...: I bought a laptop that came with windows 10, then upgraded to windows 11. I was looking to buy windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store as it is the same price as buying a retail windows 11 home key. I was wondering if I would then be able to use that on a new PC I am going...
  6. Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...: I bought a laptop that came with windows 10, then upgraded to windows 11. I was looking to buy windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store as it is the same price as buying a retail windows 11 home key. I was wondering if I would then be able to use that on a new PC I am going...
  7. Is it legal to get an OEM license for personal use from walmart.com?

Is it legal to get an OEM license for personal use from walmart.com?: sorry in advance for the long post but I want to be thorough As stated I want to know if this invalidates the license, back when I built me and my brother's PC's I knew nothing about software licensing so dumb me just ordered two install discs of windows 10 OEM from...
  8. can i use 1 license on 2 pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i use 1 license on 2 pc?: it's possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-1-license-on-2-pc/44e8eac4-baa0-4c0f-a7e4-1ec2d7ab7e0a
  9. Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?: I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this laptop? 127715
  10. Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?: I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this laptop? 127715