Windows 10: Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

Discus and support Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; c drive full. d drive almost empty. Can I install computer programs into d drive? Or how do I get my c drive larger?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LindaMartinez4, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

c drive full. d drive almost empty. Can I install computer programs into d drive? Or how do I get my c drive larger?

:)

LindaMartinez4, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Cleats Win User

D Drive Installation

I need to install my programs to the D Drive but I'm uncertain of all the procedures I should take before starting that process.

I think the drive is ready to go but I still have questions like

Should I create a Programs folder for the D Drive and do I just select the D drive for all installation options. Like Installation and folders and etc .....

Do I need to change the storage options or create my own My Documents on the D Drive.

For Example - My 3D software loads my content into My Documents. I guess I can re direct these files to the D Drive also ?

I guess it shouldn't be rocket science but I just haven't installed programs off the c drive before.

Do you have Any Suggestions , tips or tutorials you can recommend ?

Cleats, Jul 17, 2019
  3. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

D drive

Thanks for your reply.

We recommend that you reformat again your C and D drive and put all the storage to C drive. As we have checked the screenshot, the D drive consumed almost 80-90% of your partition. By default, C drive is where we install our operating system and program/local
    files. So please make sure that the allocated space for C drive is bigger that D drive. Recommended is 30 to 50 GB for D drive.

After that install the A.C to C drive.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Raymond Ave, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

1. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What... - Similar Threads - install computer programs

2. C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?: I just need help in managing the C and D drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-is-full-d-drive-is-empty-why-how-do-i/67e0bbf3-3418-4a24-b4b9-2e4f6402e0f4
  3. C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full. D drive is empty. Why? How do I manage this?: I just need help in managing the C and D drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-is-full-d-drive-is-empty-why-how-do-i/67e0bbf3-3418-4a24-b4b9-2e4f6402e0f4
  4. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  5. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  6. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  8. C: Drive almost full but d rive empty

C: Drive almost full but d rive empty: The c drivie was full and my d drive was empty, when i tried to download something it said i dont have any more storage but my d drive did. i dont know how to change the files to go to the d drive...
  9. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  10. Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty: I've been researching and there's a lot of different solutions. Would appreciate a more specific solution, don't want to mess anything up. Here's a shot of my Disk Management. I'm wondering if I can have the operating system run on C and move other files/programs to D. Or...