Windows 10: Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Sir, I want to use Mount-VHD powershell command on my Windows 10 Home. So, I have to install Hyper-V module. But Windows 10 Home does not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyi Soe Thin, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?

Hi Sir,

I want to use Mount-VHD powershell command on my Windows 10 Home. So, I have to install Hyper-V module. But Windows 10 Home does not have Hyper-V feature and I cannot install Hyper-V powershell module. Can I know the way of using Hyper-V module on Windows 10 home? Thanks.

:)

Kyi Soe Thin, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Igor Lish Win User

Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

I have a problem with Hyper-V PowerShell module, it fails to create a New-VM on my machine.

It worked fine until I had to reinstall Hyper-V feature in Windows 10.

Since then cannot create VM with powershell cmdlets, creating a VM in GUI works

I receive the following error

New-VM : Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer ...... because the object was not

found. The object might have been deleted, or you might not have permission to perform the task. Verify that the

Virtual Machine Management service on the computer is running. If the service is running, try to perform the task again

by using Run as Administrator.

I am the Administrator on local PC, and I checked Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service, and it is in a running state.

Tried to rebuild MOF file

MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof

also tried to uninstall Hyper-V feature and reinstall it with powershell, and still no success.

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

Any other ideas?

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1709

Regards,

Igor

Igor Lish, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to create Virtual Machine through Hyper-V, You can follow the steps provided in the article:

Working with Hyper-V and Windows PowerShell

If you need any further assistance then you can post your query on Windows 10

TechNet forum
    where we have a team of experts who are better aligned to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Noor_Azam, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V

You can install Hyper-V with powershell:

First start powershell as administrator and then type:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

this installs all Hyler-V features.

See here for more Info:

https://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/install-hyper-v-...

---

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Please be careful clicking on links and downloading software.

Watch out for ads on the website that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Roman Wienicke (r.wienicke), Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home?

1. Can I install Hyper-V Powershell Module on Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - install Hyper Powershell

2. Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.: Hi, I'm trying to play an old computer game that required Windows 2000 or earlier. I have Windows 11 home, when I checked to see if the computer could run a hyper-v it said: a hypervisor has been detected. features required for hyper-v will not be displayed.I don't know how...
  3. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  4. How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH]There are many features that are not supported in Windows 10 Home. This version […] This article How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home: How do you enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home? Edit: I've reformatted the question from the original post to help people who may have the same issue in the future, so they will be able to find this solution....
  6. Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm: I have a problem with Hyper-V PowerShell module, it fails to create a New-VM on my machine. It worked fine until I had to reinstall Hyper-V feature in Windows 10. Since then cannot create VM with powershell cmdlets. Tried to rebuild MOF file MOFCOMP...
  7. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  8. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  9. Install Hyper V on Win 10 Home

Install Hyper V on Win 10 Home: Hi, I have a problem where I could not enable/install Hyper V on my computer. I tried for looking to this problem but could not find anything about this problem. I followed the methodes to enable it but couldn't found Hyper V in the list. thanks 23360
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...