Windows 10: Can I install major future updates if I skip one?

Discus and support Can I install major future updates if I skip one? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have had problems with 1803. I tried KB4462919 and KB4346783, both of them cause the start menu to open very slowly. It goes from instant to around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aki PC, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Aki PC Win User

Can I install major future updates if I skip one?

I have had problems with 1803. I tried KB4462919 and KB4346783, both of them cause the start menu to open very slowly. It goes from instant to around 1.5-2 seconds.

I have used the Microsoft tool to block those updates.

Will I be able to install major future updates or will they require 1803 first?

Edit: Winver states I am using 1803, I don't know what the cumulative update is installing but it breaks the start menu. I am running 17134.320

:)

Aki PC, Oct 24, 2018
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 24, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 24, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can I install major future updates if I skip one? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I install major future updates if I skip one? - Similar Threads - install major future

2. When installing a windows update manually can i skip an version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing a windows update manually can i skip an version?: So, i have one of the first versions of windows 10 1903, and do i need to install the latest version of 1903 and then the 1909the one i want to install or do i need to install all of the versions of the 1903 first?And i cant install windows updates automaticcly because i have...
  3. When installing a windows update manually can i skip an version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When installing a windows update manually can i skip an version?: So, i have one of the first versions of windows 10 1903, and do i need to install the latest version of 1903 and then the 1909the one i want to install or do i need to install all of the versions of the 1903 first?And i cant install windows updates automaticcly because i have...
  4. When installing a windows update manually can i skip an version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a major issue with only one update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a major issue with only one update: Yes hi, I've been having this one issue with just one update that keeps coming again and again. This is about MS Definition update KB2267602, and all its other versions. So what happens my pc starts to throttle indicating that my pc just needs a quick update. This is...
  6. I have a major issue with only one update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a major issue with only one update: Yes hi, I've been having this one issue with just one update that keeps coming again and again. This is about MS Definition update KB2267602, and all its other versions. So what happens my pc starts to throttle indicating that my pc just needs a quick update. This is...
  7. I have a major issue with only one update

8. Can I install one update at a time?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I install one update at a time?: On my Windows 10 Pro, verson 1903 (Build 18362.535), I have a number of Microsoft office applications, version 2003. For the most part, they work fine. Recently, I went to Windows Update > Advanced options & marked "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update...
  9. Can I install one update at a time?

Can I install one update at a time?: On my Windows 10 Pro, verson 1903 (Build 18362.535), I have a number of Microsoft office applications, version 2003. For the most part, they work fine. Recently, I went to Windows Update > Advanced options & marked "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update...
  10. Can semi-major updates be skipped

Can semi-major updates be skipped: I downloaded the tool to install Redstone II (version 1703) onto my computers, first I checked to see if any windows or app updates were needed, on my two computers that were used all the time , nothing was needed and used the tool to upgrade to Redstone II (version 1703)....