Windows 10: Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems?

Discus and support Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here's the situation: My old PC only showed one blue screen and since this one was old I bought a new one. I ordered this one with a smaller SSD, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by idontknow678, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems?

Here's the situation:

My old PC only showed one blue screen and since this one was old I bought a new one. I ordered this one with a smaller SSD, so I could install my old hard disk with all the old data. I suppose that the blue screen was caused by a broken Windows file. On the new PC Windows is already installed on the SSD.

Now my question is, can I install my old hard drive just like that? And if there could be problems because of the old Windows on the old hard disk?

TIA

:)

idontknow678, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Chocolade Win User

How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?

I have windows 10 Home: Version: 1709 Build: 16299.248

I want to format my hard disk and install a new clean of my windows 10 copy.

1. The first step I want to do is some how to download from the internet from microsoft the windows 10 it self and make a bootable dvd using my external dvd connected with usb to my pc. How can I do it ? Is there any tutorial ?

2. Second step is to format and clean my hard disk. But in this step I have some problems:

a. When coming to format my hard disk should I make quick a format ? The long format ? Should I delete the hard disk partition and then create a new one ? Or just installing the windows 10 from the bootable dvd and it will know to install a new clean version ?

b. I have two hard disks. The one with the windows is C: but the second one is I: is there a way to change the I: to be D: ? The logic say that I should have C: and D:

Chocolade, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Can I install an old hard drive from an old computer on a new computer?

I have a 640 GB HDD from my old computer and would like to know if I can install it on my new desktop without issues. The connections match but not sure if the new computer will try and booth-up from the old hard drive. the new
    computer is running Window 10. Can anyone let me know if this is at all posable or should I just invest in a new hard drive, and if it is posable, what are the steps I need to follow. Thanks

MichaelButigieg, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Shannon28 Win User

Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems?

changing my (C) drive to another installed disk without removing old disk

My main SSD (C) drive is full so I installed another SSD and cloned my old drive to my new drive but I can not figure out how to make the new SSD my Boot drive (C) drive. All searching has pointed to BIOS but I am not seeing my drives in the boot priorities
    list, just 2 UEIFs and some other options. Where can I locate the Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities?

Shannon28, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems?

1. Can I install my old hard disk into my new PC without any problems? - Similar Threads - install old hard

2. Can I connect an old hdd on my new pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I connect an old hdd on my new pc?: So my pc has windows 10 and an ssd of 480gb, and i want to connect and old hddit was from my old pc which has windows 7 installed and some other programs. I want to access some files from the old drive mainly photos and maybe clean the disk and use it as extra storage. Is it...
  3. Can I connect an old hdd on my new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I connect an old hdd on my new pc?: So my pc has windows 10 and an ssd of 480gb, and i want to connect and old hddit was from my old pc which has windows 7 installed and some other programs. I want to access some files from the old drive mainly photos and maybe clean the disk and use it as extra storage. Is it...
  4. Can I connect an old hdd on my new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  6. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  7. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  8. I got a new PC and installed the hard drive from my old PC into the new PC .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got a new PC and installed the hard drive from my old PC into the new PC .: How do I get windows to recognize the old user configuration. And ideally all the programs already on the old hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-new-pc-and-installed-the-hard-drive-from/dd673f0d-3dae-4d8e-baa6-9db761b9f99b
  9. New Hard drive-Install OS without disk

New Hard drive-Install OS without disk: My husband's laptop needed a new hard drive. We bought the laptop refurbished and it didn't come with the Windows 10 disks. We do not have a back up copy. What can I do to reinstall Windows 10? Thanks....
  10. Can i install Windows 10 on my laptop without any problem?

Can i install Windows 10 on my laptop without any problem?: now i use windows 8.1 without any problem and it is working very fast. can i install windows 10 on my laptop without any problem? I am afraid after installing my windows will work slowly. HP NOTEBOOKPC FZ15 Product Name HP NOTEBOOK PC AU22H9F Microprocessor AMD QUAD...