Windows 10: can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs

Discus and support can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I buy win10 home with one license can I install it on two PCs ? 134119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ils, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ILS
    ils Win User

can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs

If I buy win10 home with one license can I install it on two PCs ?

:)

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue can I install  my WIN10 disk on two PCs :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 5, 2019
  4. can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs

1. can I install my WIN10 disk on two PCs - Similar Threads - install WIN10 disk

2. I can not extend volume with disk management on two drives I just installed on my computer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not extend volume with disk management on two drives I just installed on my computer....: Hello,So I today plugged in a new internal hard drive and an ssd from an old laptop onto my computer. However when trying to extend volume, I get this message after. No big deal on the ssd, I'm only losing the 550MB unallocated. But the 14TB one will only allow me 549MB of...
  3. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two PCs but two different internet speeds: I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of the PCs are networked via Cat5 cables. My iPhones see about 100Mbps wireless of course.So is it Windows 7 that causes the...
  4. Can I use one windows 10 key on two of my PCs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use one windows 10 key on two of my PCs?: I recently build a new pc, but I also still use my old laptop at the side. Can I use the windows 10 key from laptop to activate windows 10 on my new build? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  5. Can I use software installed on a SSD external drive on two different PCs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use software installed on a SSD external drive on two different PCs?: I wonder if it is possible to install and run software from an external ssd, on two different computers. Not at same time, but the same external harddrive. Will that work? And what about single-licensed software installed with serialnumber. Will that work on one of them,...
  6. Share files on two PCs

Share files on two PCs: I have two laptops, both with current win10 as of 1/30/19, both access internet via same home Wi-Fi. How do I, over said Wi-Fi: 1. Reset them both to default network settings, then 2. Allow laptop A to open a file on laptop B? I just want laptop A to go to file manager,...
  7. Syncing two PCs

Syncing two PCs: So I own a windows 10 desktop and i use it to do most of my school work. Next year my school will be supplying a laptop that i can take home and i would like to know the best way i can move documents from one to another. Is there a program or network sharing setting i can use...
  8. Wow, I'm running as admin in my two Win10 PCs and didn't know it!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wow, I'm running as admin in my two Win10 PCs and didn't know it!: Within the last year, I bought a Dell XPS 8900 tower and an Acer Spin3 laptop. Both came with Windows 10. I just discovered that I'm running as the administrator in both PCs and never even knew it. I assumed I was running as a user since I get the UAC (User Account...
  9. Two PCs with Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two PCs with Windows 10: This is probably a silly and obvious question but I want to double check. On the main PC we all sign in with ms accounts, my user acc (admin), my wife (standard) and our son (child acc). But as its a desktop we want to also get a cheaper laptop that's a bit more mobile around...
  10. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...