Windows 10: Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?

Discus and support Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all, hello. I hope everyone is doing well. About my question, let's say if I had an old device that was originally Windows 10 Home Edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zuhri Ashraaf, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?

First of all, hello. I hope everyone is doing well.

About my question, let's say if I had an old device that was originally Windows 10 Home Edition but I upgraded it to Pro Edition through Microsoft Store, and that old device is broken.

If I buy a new device with Windows 10 Home Edition, will I be able to upgrade to Pro Edition without buying it again?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Zuhri Ashraaf, Nov 3, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken? 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Nov 3, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 3, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

It is possible you may need to run VIAO update, after your upgrade to 8.1, to check for new drivers and patches.

Edit: Also, have you gone to device manager and check the item in the menu "show hidden devices".
    See if their are any problems, uninstall any usb devices, and their associated listings in the other sections of the device manager that should not be there.

If need be... try GhostBuster to remove any ghosted devices you need/want gone.

You may need to do a refresh of Windows 8.1 as a last resort.

95Viper, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken?

1. Can I install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade to my new device if my previous device has broken? - Similar Threads - install Pro upgrade

2. I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my device from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but my device has less than 10 gigabytes of storage what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-device-to-windows-10-but/95d76e86-8a67-4b50-a986-9e46f96c5152
  3. I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my device from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but my device has less than 10 gigabytes of storage what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-device-to-windows-10-but/95d76e86-8a67-4b50-a986-9e46f96c5152
  4. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro on a new device: Hi, On my notebook, I bought window 10 single language from microsoft store don't have product key but digital license and upgrade to Window 10 Pro and it's been activated and linked to my microsoft account..Then recently I bought a computer desktop and install window but it...
  5. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Pro on a new device: Hi, On my notebook, I bought window 10 single language from microsoft store don't have product key but digital license and upgrade to Window 10 Pro and it's been activated and linked to my microsoft account..Then recently I bought a computer desktop and install window but it...
  6. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. a new device has installed in my device manager lately that Acting strange !!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a new device has installed in my device manager lately that Acting strange !!!!!: [ATTACH] without introductions iused to update my drivers always up to date to avoid BSOD problems and another issues so i have a device (idont believe it is) that in the device manager and i dont know what its purpose ? however i noticed today that my pc was completely...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device: Hi, I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke down and i got a replacement laptop from amazon. But i couldn't activate my windows 10 pro. When I called microsoft customer...
  9. can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?: can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-the-windows-10-pro-upgradedigital/0bebb1ca-1590-482d-9bc6-16f44b725cd1
  10. How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro if I clean installed it on a device that previously used...: I changed the product key, but it writes to me that I don't have a valid license, and when I click on troubleshooting, it says that I have a digital license of Home version, and it says I need to install that version. Why? I installed Pro version, and gave the operating...