Windows 10: Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Education version 1803 64 bit. If I have two nVidia graphics card installed: one is GeForce 780, another is Quadro K5000. Can I configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heng Zhou, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Heng Zhou Win User

Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10?

Windows 10 Education version 1803 64 bit.

If I have two nVidia graphics card installed: one is GeForce 780, another is Quadro K5000. Can I configure Windows 10 so that each graphics card uses its corresponding driver, and there is not any conflict? Thanks.

:)

Heng Zhou, Oct 18, 2018

2. Unable to install graphics card driver on Windows 10.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to no graphics card drivers installed on your PC. If a device driver is not installed, then the particular device will not be supported on the PC. Any device driver installed on the PC will be visible under
    Device manager.

Method 1: I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible graphics card driver for Windows 10 operating system from the manufacturer’s website and check if the device driver is visible under
    Device manager.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode by
    following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      properties

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 18, 2018
  4. Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10?

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10?

1. Can I install two drivers for two graphics card in a single Windows 10? - Similar Threads - install drivers graphics

2. Windows installed two same graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installed two same graphic drivers: I notice that Windows for some reason installed two same versions of Intelr r iris xe Graphics, specifically version 31.0.101.1999. When I switch between the two one give a more brighter screen than the previous one, and also whenever I delete one the other one goes as well....
  3. Windows installed two same graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installed two same graphic drivers: I notice that Windows for some reason installed two same versions of Intelr r iris xe Graphics, specifically version 31.0.101.1999. When I switch between the two one give a more brighter screen than the previous one, and also whenever I delete one the other one goes as well....
  4. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  5. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  6. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?: I'm curious but I noticed that a few people install 2 RTX 2080 Ti graphic cards in their computers. Why do people do this? Are there games that actually require this much processing power? Is upscaling and playing 4k movies perfectly require this? Or, is it merely for...
  8. Use for two different Graphics cards?

Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  9. Two graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two graphics cards: How to change Intel HD display Adapter to Nvidia display adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-graphics-cards/3d9053b1-8e5a-4d43-bdc9-77910db542a5
  10. Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards

Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards: Hi folks, just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have two graphics cards, an NVidia GeForce 970 and an NVidia GeForce 570 Ti. I keep both in my rig, in spite of the fact that they can't SLi, because I use the 570 Ti as a PhsyX card and to drive two of my four monitors....