Windows 10: Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine?

Discus and support Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! Recently my old pc stopped working (motherboard is not working). I've decided to buy new pc - actually a laptop. The issue is that i bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kacperBorecki, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine?

Hi there!

Recently my old pc stopped working (motherboard is not working). I've decided to buy new pc - actually a laptop. The issue is that i bought it without OS because it was about 400$ cheaper. Also I have working hard drive from old pc with windows 10 (upgraded 8.1).

Is it possible to install it on this new update or I have to buy new license?

Also if I have to buy new windows is there any way to see legit online shops that sells windows?

Sorry if my questions are quite noob but I'm not really "technical" type of guy

submitted by /u/kacperBorecki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kacperBorecki, Mar 11, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 11, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine?

1. Can I install Windows 10 from old PC to new machine? - Similar Threads - install old machine

2. Can I install Windows on new SSD on old PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install Windows on new SSD on old PC?: I built a custom PC some time ago and purchased and installed Windows 10. I recently built a new PC where I did a fresh install of a new purchased Windows 11 USB and moved the SSD from the old computer to the new one.I want to give my old PC to my parents to use. Can I...
  3. Can I install Windows on new SSD on old PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install Windows on new SSD on old PC?: I built a custom PC some time ago and purchased and installed Windows 10. I recently built a new PC where I did a fresh install of a new purchased Windows 11 USB and moved the SSD from the old computer to the new one.I want to give my old PC to my parents to use. Can I...
  4. Can I install Windows on new SSD on old PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  6. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  7. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  9. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  10. Can I get windows from old pc to new