Windows 10: Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly...

Discus and support Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a hp notebook 15 series. 15-be020tu I want to know whether it is good to install windows 10 in uefi mode or legacy mode in a dos laptop. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albinjoy, Oct 17, 2020.

1. albinjoy Win User

Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly...

I have a hp notebook 15 series. 15-be020tu

I want to know whether it is good to install windows 10 in uefi mode or legacy mode in a dos laptop. What are the pros and cons.

:)

albinjoy, Oct 17, 2020

2. Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode

Hi

I’ve been reading articles in this community and others the last couple of days and I’m getting more and more confused.

I have made my first build with the following equipment:

Asus Prime Z370-P (Bios version 1002x64, firmware 11.8.50.3470)

Intel Core i5 8400 2,8GHz

Samsung 860 EVO Series MZ-76E250B 250GB

and other..

I purchased a Windows 10 Home Eng Retail licence on USB directly from Microsoft.

When installing Win 10 it always ends up being installed in Legacy BIOS mode.

First time, I only followed the instructions on screed and had a successful installation, but in Legacy Bios mode.

The second time I made the following change the UEFI:

Boot\Secure boot\OS type = Windows UEFI mode

Installation was still being made in Legacy Bios mode.

Third time

Boot\Secure boot\OS type = Windows UEFI mode

When Win 10 installation started I entered the cmd prompt and made the following commands in order to change to gpt

Diskpart

List disk

Select disk 0

convert gpt

Exit

I then continued with Windows installation which still ended up in Legacy Bios mode.

I’m getting crazy and I don’t know what I’m going to do : (

What do I need to change in the UEFI?

What do I need to do to prepare the disk for UEFI mode?

Is my purchased Windows 10 USB key prepared for UEFI mode?

Can someone describe, step by step what I need to do?

Magnus_975, Oct 17, 2020
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    UEFI install Windows 10 was A LOT OF work!

After getting my new HDD I decide to finally fresh install Windows 10. My old installation was having all kinds of problems causing BSOD every now and then. I have flashed my FuryX to UEFI vBIOS so I assumed this time UEFI installation should be a walk in the park. Well, turns out it was not.

First off, there are multiple booting options in the Sabertooth X99 BIOS I have to choose correctly to get through UEFI installation crash free. For example, I need to choose UEFI in Secure Boot for the installation DVD to even be recognized as UEFI installation media. However, I also have to enable CSM in legacy mode to make sure no plugged in device will crash the installation in process. I had four crashed during installation for not choosing the correct CSM settings. Another thing is after the whole installation I have to make sure to disable CSM to enjoy the speed of secure boot. The entire installation took me a good 5 hrs to figure out all the details.

The good thing is a clean UEFI installation of Threshold 2 proves to be very stable. No more random crashes nor tons of errors in event log. It was a lot of work but still worth it. I just wish Microsoft will make the installation in UEFI a lot easier.

xkm1948, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly...

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly...

1. Can i install windows 10 os in uefi mode on an free dos 2.0 laptop ? Will it work properly... - Similar Threads - install uefi mode

2. Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode: Hello, I keep getting the error that the boot device is not found. It sort of comes and goes and if I restart the laptop a few times it sometimes goes away. I scanned an repaired the disk and it still happens and ran all possible hardware tests and nothing was found. Changing...
  3. Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't boot properly in UEFI mode: Hello, I keep getting the error that the boot device is not found. It sort of comes and goes and if I restart the laptop a few times it sometimes goes away. I scanned an repaired the disk and it still happens and ran all possible hardware tests and nothing was found. Changing...
  4. Free DoS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free DoS: My laptop broke down and I need a computer for my university classes ... I started to buy a computer for 300 euros that almost or cannot handle engineering programs. It came with FreeDOS and the responsible companies ask for € 123 (to install windows 10) I already saw some...
  5. FREE-DOS on UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FREE-DOS on UEFI: Good evening community, I was reading a lot on the internet (in that forum, google, etc.) and i found some threads about that problem. Everywhere it shows up that it doesnt work to install Free-Dos on UEFI-bootmode systems. But the curious: I orderd 1 week ago the "HP...
  6. Hello, installing win10 on an laptop with no OS, can I or should I delete the uefi and...

Hello, installing win10 on an laptop with no OS, can I or should I delete the uefi and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheDenjl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwchyc/hello_installing_win10_on_an_laptop_with_no_os/
  7. Free dos windows 10

Free dos windows 10: Hi all. Is it possible to install Windows 10 from Media creation tool to a free dos pc? Thank you in advance. submitted by /u/seymarames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7wxa0/free_dos_windows_10/
  8. I cannot installed window 10 on my laptop on dos os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot installed window 10 on my laptop on dos os: Hi guys, Please help me out that i cannot installed window 10 on my lenovo laptop on dos os and Lenovo laptop130 Core i5 8th Gen - 8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics 130-15IKB Laptop soo I have download the free trial of window 10 but it can't be upgrade why I don't how can do...
  9. Installing windows 10 on a new laptop with no OS (Free DOS)

Installing windows 10 on a new laptop with no OS (Free DOS): I just bought a new laptop and it doesn't have windows pre installed. It is free DOS. Can I install windows 10 without a product activation key on this device? I have seen people installing it without and activation key but on devices that was already operating of windows 7...
  10. Can Not Install W10 in UEFI Mode

Can Not Install W10 in UEFI Mode: Hello, This is my first post here. Just joined TenForums. I`m having a problem trying to install W10 in UEFI mode. It keeps installing in Legacy mode. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the UEFI BIOS? Also it takes too long for the PC to finish POST. It takes...