Windows 10: Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I've had W10 desktop since Jan & am an extremely unhappy user. Totally dissatisfied. W10 just doesn't work for me. I've spent so much time on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarleysGhost, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

Hi all. I've had W10 desktop since Jan & am an extremely unhappy user. Totally dissatisfied. W10 just doesn't work for me. I've spent so much time on it. Parts of software doesn't function as it shd. I've spent more time on the MS website than before, in fact, I've hardly ever visited this site with any previous Operating systems I didn't buy into Vista & avoided that one until now.

Where do I get W7 and how do I install it? Can anyone help me with starting this process pls?

:)

MarleysGhost, Mar 4, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Install windows 10, 7 or both on my desktop pc?!

so. my new desktop is here (the one in my specs list), and although i only got 1x 250gb ssd for now, im still unsure whether i should install windows 7 or 10... i have been using windows 7 until today, but im tempted to give windows 10 a go, to see how it works etc, since i have never tried it properly. on the other hand, im super comfy with windows 7. i know it quite well and im very satisfied with it. i know that im stuck with DX11 for windows 7, but im not the hardcore gamer or so, but i'd like to have the possibility to play future games too, but i can still do that with windows 7, can't i?

so. im leaning more towards installing windows 7 at first and then maybe install windows 10 as a secondary OS. how does that sound? would it work good? i have tried reading up on a recent thread in here about that, and that seemed to be working great for that person.

anything i should remember/keep in mind when/if i choose to have 2 OS on 1x hdd? obviously, i need to install them onto 2 different partitions, but how much space should i allocate for each OS on my 250gb ssd? that way, if i dislike windows 10 that much, i can simply continue with my windows 7 and just delete the window 10 partition.

thanks for any advises on this.

minstreless, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

1. Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - install onto desktop

2. I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it: Hello there, I’ve been having an issue with my pc for the past week and I’ve been doing everything I can to fix it, but no luck. I was originally having issues with a logonUI error. I eventually had to use a friends MacBook to create a new windows install media because I...
  3. I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it: Hello there, I’ve been having an issue with my pc for the past week and I’ve been doing everything I can to fix it, but no luck. I was originally having issues with a logonUI error. I eventually had to use a friends MacBook to create a new windows install media because I...
  4. I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  6. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  7. Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?

Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?: I just finished building my first dektop PC and I would like to install Windows 10 but I do not have acces to any other Windows Devices so how do I install Windows 10?...
  8. Can I install Windows 10 to a separate partition from WITHIN Windows 7/8 desktop?

Can I install Windows 10 to a separate partition from WITHIN Windows 7/8 desktop?: As the subject states.. Is it possible to install Windows 10 to a different/separate partition from within Windows 7/8/Vista desktop itself? I am multi-booting and have done it before on a HDD as follows: [ATTACH] 1 Drive 7 Partitions C: Partition 0 = Primary Active &...
  9. Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer

Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer: Every time I try to download any software I get "The sub system needed to support image is not present" Can you advise me how to get around this. Thanks Bob...
  10. can i install windows 10 onto a usb

can i install windows 10 onto a usb: I want to know if it is possible to install windows 10 onto a usb drive so that i can boot to it instead of a hard drive 54887