Windows 10: Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

Discus and support Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Hello R08Y, Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free? :)

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't have the SP1 update installed in Windows 7 Ultimate, then you just may not be able to keep everything when upgrading to Windows 10. You can verify before starting the actual upgrade at step 15 below, and safely close Windows 10 Setup at this step to cancel the upgrade if wanted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  3. R08Y Win User
    Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Thanks!

4. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

1. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free? - Similar Threads - install ultimate upgrade

2. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  3. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello Few years ago I've successfully upgraded my laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 PRO with my Windows 7 Ultimate Retail key. This laptop is now old and I'm not using it. I've found out that I can transfer my Windows 10 PRO license to my new laptop or PC through my...
  5. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  6. Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?: Hello, I have genuine Windows 7 Pro running on my dell vostro 2520 with key purchased from Microsoft. I got a message on my laptop that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so please upgrad to Windows 10. I know, I am late on this. I want to understand that if I...
  7. Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?: I used a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade my Windows 10, and it says Pro, not Enterprise. Ultimate is a higher version than Enterprise, I'm wondering why it went to Pro instead. Can one upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise from any Windows 7 key? 128143
  8. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade: Hi, Is it still possible to free upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Our customer has bought M365 E3 license which has Windows enterprise free upgradation license. For this to happen, the base OS should be Windows 10 Pro activated. Currently some machines are in...
  9. 7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.

7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.: I upgraded my wife's PC from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens. The 10 Pro activated. I then clean installed 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens and it activated. Interesting fact, the clean install didn't show the roundy thingy progress...
  10. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120