Windows 10: Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ?

Discus and support Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have here a physical copy dvd of windows 8 64bit original. I used the dvd to install windows 8 on my desktop pc. Now i want to upgrade my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chocolade, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Chocolade Win User

Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ?

I have here a physical copy dvd of windows 8 64bit original.
    I used the dvd to install windows 8 on my desktop pc.

Now i want to upgrade my desktop pc to windows 10 and i wonder if after installing windows 10 on my desktop pc i can use the windows 8 dvd on my laptop ? My laptop have windows 7 home premium but there is no working link to download it again.

I'm asking since maybe the windows 8 dvd is for using only once on one machine.

:)

Chocolade, Sep 20, 2015

2. How to get windows 10 key when I am going to re-install it?

I have installed windows 8 through activation key.Later upgrade it to windows 8.1 not ask for any activation key.now I have upgrade it to windows 10. I f after one year I wanna change my laptop and install this same windows 8 and want to upgrade it to windows
    10 than where i can get windows 10 activation key, or after one year if I wanna re-install windows 10 in same laptop then what will be my activation key?

Please suggest me..

Surajit_Maji, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 re installation.

Hello,

I'm using Sony vaio laptop. as of now everyone knows that sony stopped the production. my problem is i was running windows 8 pre installed and free upgrade to windows 8.1. Finally upgraded to windows 10 for free. my os crashed right now. my question is what
    kind of installation i should follow ? fresh installation of Windows 10 ? if i do so, i can't get all drivers for the laptop. sony not providing full drivers matching with windows 10. second option, doing a recovery option i can install windows 8 and can
    get all drivers from recovery media. but after this installation can i move to windows 10 ? is there any activation problem ? if i choose second option how can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.

if there is any activation problem what can i do ?

haroldkarlose, Sep 20, 2015
  4. tm24fan8 Win User

Most of the time, your disc will only be good for one computer.

tm24fan8, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Chocolade, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Not unless you have another Windows 8 product key to use.

When you upgrade to Windows 10 with the free offer from your activated Windows 8, you are no longer suppose to use the product key of Windows 8 while the free Windows 10 is installed. If you do, both installations would eventually be deactivated.

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    One thing I would suggest is using Showkey from these forums to retrieve your Windows 7 and Windows 8 products keys from all your computers.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Record the product keys and keep them in a safe place because you never know when you might need one to revert to a previous operating system. From the Windows 10 free upgrade - the product keys for Windows 10 will just be generic placeholders and everyone's is the same for whatever version of Windows 10 they have - so those product keys are pretty much useless.

Unless you purchase a unique product key for Windows 10, you should never enter a product key for Windows 10 during any upgrade or install of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - install laptop installed

2. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  3. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  4. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 8 32-bit - can I install Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 32-bit - can I install Window 10?: I have a Windows 8 32-bit, 10-ich PC. Can this be upgraded to run a 32-bit Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-32-bit-can-i-install-window-10/89aa6e2a-a61b-4a64-899e-a9f747a9f433
  6. Windows 8 32-bit - can I install Window 10?

Windows 8 32-bit - can I install Window 10?: I have a Windows 8 32-bit, 10-ich PC. Can this be upgraded to run a 32-bit Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-32-bit-can-i-install-window-10/89aa6e2a-a61b-4a64-899e-a9f747a9f433
  7. Installation of Windows 8

Installation of Windows 8: I’m trying to install windows 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer and I don’t have a product key for it and it’s asking me for product key so I’m using a product key that is from the Internet and it has zeros or o in it and I don’t know how to put them in because it doesn’t support...
  8. No ports after windows 8/10 installation

No ports after windows 8/10 installation: Specs msi z97 gaming 5 board 4 x corsair vengance 8gb ram (32gb) 2 x quad core i7 processors msi gtx 970 vga 120gb samsung ssd boot drive 2 x 1tb samsung hdd Everything works fine on windows 7 (just to be clear) ive installed win 8 and 10 and afterwards i have no...
  9. Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed.

Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed.: Used laptop purchased Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed. I need Windows 8. I have the original product key from powershell query. How can I determine if the key is for Windows 8 or Windows 10....
  10. Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop

Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop: Thanks Bro did the installation,, working nicely *Thumbs