Windows 10: Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD

Discus and support Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently my laptop boots windows from a 120gb m.2 drive and has a secondary 500gb data drive. Can I put the W10 iso file on the data drive, upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashep5, Apr 14, 2021.

1. /u/ashep5 Win User

Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD

Currently my laptop boots windows from a 120gb m.2 drive and has a secondary 500gb data drive.

Can I put the W10 iso file on the data drive, upgrade my m.2 drive and then do a fresh install on the new drive?

submitted by /u/ashep5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashep5, Apr 14, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Prophet Win User

SSD as Boot and Raid as secondary

I've just bought a vertex 2 and have installed windows on it, but am having difficulties setting up a RAID0 with my 2 HDD's that i want to use as my backup/seconday drives. If i set my Sata config to raid it wont let me boot with my SSD. Any suggestions?

Prophet, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD - Similar Threads - install secondary SSD

2. my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...: my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed windows on SSD will that improve my gaming experience?P.S. i don't care about windows booting fast or apps start fast all i care about is gaming performance...
  3. my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...: my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed windows on SSD will that improve my gaming experience?P.S. i don't care about windows booting fast or apps start fast all i care about is gaming performance...
  4. How Can I Re-Populate Fresh W10 Install with Programs on Secondary SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Re-Populate Fresh W10 Install with Programs on Secondary SSD?: In an attempt to fix some issues I was having I had to reinstall Windows 10 a couple days ago. Since before the reinstall I've been keeping most of my apps and programs on a second SSD, the D: drive. What I'm wanting to know is if there is a way to repopulate the start menu,...
  5. How Can I Re-Populate Fresh W10 Install with Programs on Secondary SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Re-Populate Fresh W10 Install with Programs on Secondary SSD?: In an attempt to fix some issues I was having I had to reinstall Windows 10 a couple days ago. Since before the reinstall I've been keeping most of my apps and programs on a second SSD, the D: drive. What I'm wanting to know is if there is a way to repopulate the start menu,...
  6. How Can I Re-Populate Fresh W10 Install with Programs on Secondary SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I just have ONE partition for a secondary drive (SSD)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I just have ONE partition for a secondary drive (SSD)?: I'd like to use this old SSD as a secondary drive. It used to be my boot drive a long time ago so it seems to have retained the partitioning. (see screenshot) [img] Is there a way to collapse all these partitions and just have one since I'm using it as an externally...
  8. Can I reformat windows on my main ssd without wiping my secondary ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I reformat windows on my main ssd without wiping my secondary ssd: I've copied about 100gb of shadowplay clips that I plan to edit eventually. I moved all my backup files to my second ssd along with some big games that would take too long to redownload (cod 192gb lol). When I reinstall windows with my usb, and when I don't wipe the...
  9. Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?: I gained a virus and i want to clean install everything. I forgot my USB pen drive at home and cannot go get right now. I have 2 SSD's on my computer, one is Drive C: (Windows in currently on there) and Drive D:( Fully formated drive). Can i put the Windows 10 installtion...
  10. Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD: My PC is a real mix of old and new parts and I currently have a problem where my 2TB mechanical HDD is failing. It is 100% active all the time, but frequently hangs or simply takes forever to browse or transfer any files, so I'm pretty sure it is on the way out. When I remove...