Windows 10: CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

Discus and support CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AKHIL_454, Jul 3, 2021.

1. AKHIL_454 Win User

CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help

:)

AKHIL_454, Jul 3, 2021
  2. bacontf2 Win User

Installing Windows on an SSD - No Product Key

Hello.

I recently bought an SSD so that I could install my operating system on there instead of having it run on my hard drive. It has occurred to me, however, that the best way to go about installing Windows 10 on my SSD would be by means of a clean install from
    an installation medium (I have an .iso on a disc from when Windows 10 was released free).

My first thought was that this disc I made was very convenient, however the thought then crossed my mind that I may have some trouble with activation. When I navigate to the "Activation" option in the Settings app, the Product Key is not listed; instead
    it reads, "Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement."

I am concerned that if I perform a clean install of Windows 10 on my SSD I will not be able to activate it and may have to purchase Windows 10, seeing as it is no longer free. I would appreciate it if somebody could advise me as to what I should do in order
    for me to be able to both install Windows 10 on my SSD, and not have to buy another copy.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

bacontf2, Jul 3, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Superfly Win User

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY [​IMG]

Superfly, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY - Similar Threads - INSTALL SSD SAME

2. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  3. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  4. Using the same product key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the same product key twice?: I've been thinking of making a new PC using Windows 10. I have a laptop that was once running Windows 7, but then got the free update to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Would I be able to transfer the Windows 10 key to a different computer and make it activated? If so, how?...
  5. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?: so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to install windows originally, can i use it again? submitted by /u/Africa1By1Toto [link] [comments]...
  6. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...
  7. Can I use dual OS with same product key?

Can I use dual OS with same product key?: Hello, I have two windows operating systems Win7 & Win10 on my pc. Win7 is activated however the other is not. Is it possible to activate the Win10 OS with the same product key?...
  8. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?: So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even...
  9. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?: I want to install SSD in my Dell Inspiron 7559. I have a pre installed copy of Windows 10 running in hardisk at the moment. My question is if I install fresh copy of windows 10 from Microsoft online store, then can i use the product key of the current windows installed in...
  10. Same product key for all?

Same product key for all?: Ok I decided I would undergo some testing & I whipped out some unused laptops with windows 7 home on them. I upgraded all 5 to windows 10. I used a program called produkey to show me my product key with network disabled for safety. Well it displayed internet explorer product...