Windows 10: Can i Install windows with just a product key

Discus and support Can i Install windows with just a product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i just finished my new pc, and I found a old windows product key i had laying around. Is there any way to use that to get windows on my new pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xXGenGummyXx, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Can i Install windows with just a product key

So i just finished my new pc, and I found a old windows product key i had laying around. Is there any way to use that to get windows on my new pc without having to pay the $100 again?

:)

xXGenGummyXx, Jan 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Can i Install windows with just a product key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Can i Install windows with just a product key

1. Can i Install windows with just a product key - Similar Threads - Install product key

2. How can I get windows installer by product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get windows installer by product key?: Hi,I have an old computer and product key. I got this product key with the computer. It was a windows 8.1 on the computer and I upgraded it to windows 10. I'd like to reinstall with windows 8 but I dont know whitch wersion I need.I tried some windows versiond, but say it is a...
  3. How can I get windows installer by product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get windows installer by product key?: Hi,I have an old computer and product key. I got this product key with the computer. It was a windows 8.1 on the computer and I upgraded it to windows 10. I'd like to reinstall with windows 8 but I dont know whitch wersion I need.I tried some windows versiond, but say it is a...
  4. can i ask product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can i ask product key: on my personal subcribtion there several aplication that listed like above, if posiable i ask product key for windows? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-product-key/b26b069a-c4ae-4568-806c-f98a67edd6b4
  5. can i ask product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i ask product key: on my personal subcribtion there several aplication that listed like above, if posiable i ask product key for windows? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-product-key/b26b069a-c4ae-4568-806c-f98a67edd6b4
  6. can i ask product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I just bought windows 11 product key, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought windows 11 product key, where is it?: I just bought windows 11 product key, where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-windows-11-product-key-where-is-it/841290ab-d1ca-42cd-8538-9726e74f2f41
  8. Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?: Hey! A year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro on my notebook, which hadn't had an OS before. I bought one of those license keys on eBay. The product key was accepted. Then I put the notebook aside and never used it. Now I'm using it again and it says that it can't be activated...
  9. Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?: I installed my PC with a free Windows 10 Trial, but I’d like to purchase a product key. Do I need another new USB or can I use the same one that installed the free version. I’m not sure if I’ll be kicked out from the software for erasing the data of the original USB...
  10. Can't I just buy a product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't I just buy a product key?: I know, people think I am mental. Well you are right. I would personally just prefer to buy a product key and/or hard copy of Windows 10. Why can't I find anywhere to do this? Yes I own 3 licensed copies of 8.1 pro 10037