Windows 10: Can I invert my stereo audio channels so that the left comes from the right?

Discus and support Can I invert my stereo audio channels so that the left comes from the right? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My audio cable is short and it comes from right, and has to go to the left headphone which is very annoying, and I wish i could put them the other way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ra1n69, Oct 9, 2020.

1. /u/Ra1n69 Win User

Can I invert my stereo audio channels so that the left comes from the right?

My audio cable is short and it comes from right, and has to go to the left headphone which is very annoying, and I wish i could put them the other way around

submitted by /u/Ra1n69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ra1n69, Oct 9, 2020
  2. JtheLyn Win User

How to swap left and right audio channels

My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels?
    Why doesn't windows have a built in setting for this? or is there any way to do it through Realtek? Using mono isn't an option for me since I work with sound a lot and need stereo.

JtheLyn, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Marius Win User
    Copy left channel audio to right

My audio card is cooked and only left audio channel is working and outputting sound. What I would like to do is copy left audio channel to right channel.

I can't seem to find the solution. I would like to do it virtually (with software).

I know it is going to be mono sound, yet it is better then nothing.

Any tips?

This is not a duplicate question since I am not looking for how to set sound to mono mode, rather I am looking how to route left channel audio to right channel.

Marius, Oct 9, 2020
  4. nican2 Win User

My stereo channels are being mixed

Hello,

I first noticed this issue when playing binaural beats in my headphones.

The stereo channels are somewhat mixed together, I also tested the soundcard thorugh windows

stereo sound test and even there the left and right sounds are being mixed, when I play the left

channel I can hear 100% of it in the left hear and 70% in the right hear,

the reverse happens for the right sound.

I also checked the following.

1 - The file I am trying to play has indeed stereo channels (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - My headphones do work for stereo sounds (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - I have no special audio effect activated

No sure what else I should check

Thanks,

Nic

SPECS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop HP Pavilion

------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10

Realtek High Definition Audio - Driver 6.0.1.7548 - date: 30/06/2015

BeatsAudio controls (I played around with all the settings there, but nothing seems to solve the issue)

nican2, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I invert my stereo audio channels so that the left comes from the right? - Similar Threads - invert stereo audio

2. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?: I fixed headphones some months ago but I swapped cables in them so the channels are swapped too. I don't want to fix them again so I want to swap them by a program or right in windows. Is there any way to do that?...
  3. How do i invert the audio left to right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i invert the audio left to right?: I have a problem where my headphone is set right to left audio instead of left to right. i just wanna set some setting if theres has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-invert-the-audio-left-to-right/5861b525-1e4c-4414-9741-ff5f436a57ec
  4. How do i invert the audio left to right?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i invert the audio left to right?: I have a problem where my headphone is set right to left audio instead of left to right. i just wanna set some setting if theres has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-invert-the-audio-left-to-right/5861b525-1e4c-4414-9741-ff5f436a57ec
  5. Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?: Due to the current set up, my left speaker is on my right and vice versa, is there any ways I can swap them, it's annoying when watching video/playing gaming. I also tried APO equalizer, but with the latest updates of windows 10 it no longer works. Any other solutions?...
  6. Can you swap left and right audio channels?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you swap left and right audio channels?: [ATTACH] So when watching movies I move my speakers behind my sofa and my left speaker cable is the only one with enough cable length to get it to the right side of sofa. So is there a way I can swap left and right audio channels so I get the sounds right when watching...
  7. How to swap left and right audio channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to swap left and right audio channels: My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels? Why doesn't...
  8. [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?: What I hear from my left headphone I hear from the right one and vice-versa. This only happens from the audio of the Realtek sound card integrated into my motherboard. The issue is NOT present when I switch audio to the TV I have connected trough HDMI to my NVIDIA video card....
  9. How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?: I have a set of wired chat headphones, and in this case, they operate through a USB port. Although the headphones allow the microphone to swing through a sufficient arc that they can be used either way round, to suit the way the cable trails around my workstation, there...
  10. Muting left/right channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting left/right channel: Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops, - Adjusting the balance levels in playback device...