Windows 10: Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?

Discus and support Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I posted this on Ask Ubuntu a couple days ago but got no takers, so I'm trying here. I use Komodo IDE (from Activestate). You configure its debugger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cormanaz, Jan 29, 2021.

1. cormanaz Win User

Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?

I posted this on Ask Ubuntu a couple days ago but got no takers, so I'm trying here.

I use Komodo IDE (from Activestate). You configure its debugger by pointing it an interpreter, in this case Python3.

I have a Python library that is not compatible with Windows Python, but I have it installed on Python on the WSL side. I want to use Komodo to develop/debug scripts using this library. There is a Linux version of Komodo, but there is no X support in WSL (yet).

So I am wondering, is there some way I can use Komodo on the Windows side, but point its debugger at the interpreter on the WSL side? If so how do I determine the path, and do I need to have a WSL window open at the time?

:)

cormanaz, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Have Invoke play music that is currently playing on my PC

Hi JessebOne,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

Try to uninstalling and reinstalling the Cortana Device Setup app and check if you're able to complete the setup. Invoke Works with select music services, paid subscriptions may be required. I suggest you to try reset Invoke, follow
    the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Attach Power Cable
    2. Press and Hold the Mic Mute Button until Cortana Says, “Ready for setup.”
    Note: the Invoke will not function until properly set up and linked to a Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Set up my Harman Kardon Invoke with Cortana
    , and I also suggest you to refer this article on

Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Introducing Harman Kardon INVOKE
    with Cortana by Microsoft
    , where you can see the partners who support controlling invoke.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 29, 2021
  3. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?

WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?

1. Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side? - Similar Threads - invoke python3 interpreter

2. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  3. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  4. How can invokes Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can invokes Windows Photo?: How can I create software that invokes Windows Photo to display an image? I have an application that invokes Office 2010 Picture Manager to display images. I want to upgrade to use Windows Photos under Windows 11. The Photos application is in a directory Program...
  5. How can invokes Windows Photo?

How can invokes Windows Photo?: How can I create software that invokes Windows Photo to display an image? I have an application that invokes Office 2010 Picture Manager to display images. I want to upgrade to use Windows Photos under Windows 11. The Photos application is in a directory Program...
  6. How can i fix windows side by side error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i fix windows side by side error?: Hi i need a little bit of help. When trying to open league of legends it says that the application has failed to start because its side by side config is incorrect. Ive looked at videos on it but the methods have failed to work. Ive tried to download visual c++ to fix it but...
  7. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...
  8. python3 interactive mode on windows...

python3 interactive mode on windows...: ok, so i am currently doing a udacity project and am trying to figure out how to get started. i cannot seem to get my hp computer to put my git into python3 interactive mode. nor can we figure out how to do our rps code for the game in udacity(rock,paper,scissors) Moved...
  9. Can somebody interpret this output from MBAM please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can somebody interpret this output from MBAM please: My suspicions were raised when browsing a local news site and Edge couldn't open the page and I was left looking at the refresh the page or search options. Then I noticed the address in the bar began with something like SSL-cam/gibberish etc etc /search%SMH. Apologies, but I...
  10. Interpreting results from ScanPST.exe

in Browsers and Email
    Interpreting results from ScanPST.exe: I am certain that OL is set up incorrectly, First, because I have been getting send/receive errors along with all of my mail after the initial Finish/Done. I passed the first test and all subsequent Repair tests. I receive all mail and still receive errors, so it's my...