Windows 10: Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another

Discus and support Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another if not is there a way or transfering save data of programs stored in appdata to another user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Finlay O'Reilly, May 26, 2020.

1. Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another

Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another if not is there a way or transfering save data of programs stored in appdata to another user

:)

Finlay O'Reilly, May 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 26, 2020
  4. Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another

1. Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another - Similar Threads - Copy paste appdata

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  5. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  6. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to copy and paste from one monitor to another

Unable to copy and paste from one monitor to another: I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other ***Modified title from: I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other***...
  8. How Can I Recover Files After Copy/Paste from One User Profile to Another and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Recover Files After Copy/Paste from One User Profile to Another and Shutdown: Good morning. =) W10 recently forced a temporary profile onto an offline computer. I am not sure if it was one of those forced Windows updates (though- when did I notice it was turned on, I switched it off again in "Settings"). This W10 action deleted my user profile &...
  9. Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?

Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?: I have spent a great amount of time configuring a 56-tile Start Menu in my Microsoft Account login which does not have Admin privileges (the logon I plan to use all the time). I am now configuring another logon - with Admin privileges (a local account because one cannot have...
  10. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?: Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239