Windows 10: Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

Discus and support Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! A year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro on my notebook, which hadn't had an OS before. I bought one of those license keys on eBay. The product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BenLovesFinalFantasy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

Hey!

A year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro on my notebook, which hadn't had an OS before. I bought one of those license keys on eBay. The product key was accepted.

Then I put the notebook aside and never used it. Now I'm using it again and it says that it can't be activated and that I should buy Windows in the store. I guess I got sold a "bad key" or so. I don't wanna go through the hassle of contacting the seller. I wanna buy a new key and just use that one.

But I saw that next to "product key" it says "product ID". And now I'm wondering whether I will be able to use a new product key or whether Windows will tell me that the new key doesn't match the product ID or something like that.

Can I just buy a new one and activate Windows?

Thank you very much in advance!

submitted by /u/BenLovesFinalFantasy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BenLovesFinalFantasy, Oct 27, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Oct 27, 2020
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

Windows pro product key re-usability

This is an informative question regarding the policies of windows. I have an existing Microsoft Windows Pro software installed on one of my devices, I wanted to know if there is a way using which I can use that product key on my another device which has
    Windows home installed in it, to upgrade it to Pro. If the policy requires the earlier existing system(with windows pro) to be abandoned or removed in order to allow the product key of pro to be used in a new system, that too works for me.

Please help me by suggesting me steps to take.

Thank you

ANSHAGRAWAL1, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

1. Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key? - Similar Threads - Pro Product Key

2. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  3. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  4. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  5. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  6. Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro

Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to 10 while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. Today, I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate product key because...
  7. Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.

Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.: Can I use window 7 pro product as window 10 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-window-7-pro-product-key-in-window-10/ec30493e-c1ce-4f97-a3eb-2dea2462c4aa
  8. Can I use an old Windows 10 USB with a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use an old Windows 10 USB with a new product key?: Title. I received a disk instead of a USB with my Windows 10 product key, problem is I don't have a disk drive and I don't have a USB laying around for me to download Windows from right now. So can I just download off the old USB and enter the new product code? submitted by...
  9. Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?: I installed my PC with a free Windows 10 Trial, but I’d like to purchase a product key. Do I need another new USB or can I use the same one that installed the free version. I’m not sure if I’ll be kicked out from the software for erasing the data of the original USB...
  10. Can i Install windows with just a product key

Can i Install windows with just a product key: So i just finished my new pc, and I found a old windows product key i had laying around. Is there any way to use that to get windows on my new pc without having to pay the $100 again?...