Windows 10: Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

Discus and support Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed my PC with a free Windows 10 Trial, but I’d like to purchase a product key. Do I need another new USB or can I use the same one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Emercify, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

I installed my PC with a free Windows 10 Trial, but I’d like to purchase a product key. Do I need another new USB or can I use the same one that installed the free version. I’m not sure if I’ll be kicked out from the software for erasing the data of the original USB containing the trail.

submitted by /u/Emercify
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Emercify, Jul 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 25, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 25, 2020
  4. DaveK Win User

Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key? :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key?

1. Can I just use one USB to install new windows with product key? - Similar Threads - USB install product

2. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  3. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  4. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  5. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  6. Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I just use a new Windows 10 Pro Product Key?: Hey! A year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro on my notebook, which hadn't had an OS before. I bought one of those license keys on eBay. The product key was accepted. Then I put the notebook aside and never used it. Now I'm using it again and it says that it can't be activated...
  7. Can I use an old Windows 10 USB with a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use an old Windows 10 USB with a new product key?: Title. I received a disk instead of a USB with my Windows 10 product key, problem is I don't have a disk drive and I don't have a USB laying around for me to download Windows from right now. So can I just download off the old USB and enter the new product code? submitted by...
  8. can I install windows 10 on multiple laptops using one product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I install windows 10 on multiple laptops using one product key: Hi, I currently work from a laptop running windows 10. My daughter keeps asking to use it for homework etc, I have an old laptop and I was going get it working for her using windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new download of windows 10 or is there a way I can copy it...
  9. Valid copy and product key owned. Unable to use the USB for an upgrade. Can I just...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Valid copy and product key owned. Unable to use the USB for an upgrade. Can I just...: Hi all. I got a copy of Windows 10 for Xmas, bought directly from Microsoft. The sent me the bootable USB; I didn't create the installation media. I'd like to upgrade from 7, but the USB isn't recognized by my PC. It'll boot straight to the USB from the BIOS no problem,...
  10. Can i Install windows with just a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i Install windows with just a product key: So i just finished my new pc, and I found a old windows product key i had laying around. Is there any way to use that to get windows on my new pc without having to pay the $100 again?...