Windows 10: Can I Keep 2 Windows Open and Visible without One Going in Background?

Discus and support Can I Keep 2 Windows Open and Visible without One Going in Background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, I'm using the most current version of Windows 10. I need to know if I can lock or freeze a window, so that it stays visible when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdanniel, Jun 19, 2021.

1. jdanniel Win User

Can I Keep 2 Windows Open and Visible without One Going in Background?

Hello, everyone, I'm using the most current version of Windows 10. I need to know if I can lock or freeze a window, so that it stays visible when I'm working with another application. I have Excel open, and maximized. I also have Windows Explorer open, but I have that window set to a specific size and position. That specific size and position does not need to be permanent, but I want the Explorer window to stay there when I'm working in Excel. In other words, I want both application windows to stay in the foreground. I do not want the Explorer window to go into the background and not be visible, while I'm in Excel. Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure, please? Thank you. Jd

:)

jdanniel, Jun 19, 2021
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Background for Windows 10

Hi Ronald,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change back the background time to 10 seconds:

• Press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
    • Type this command: control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper to open old Control Panel settings, and then click
      OK.
    • Select your preferred desktop background and under "Change picture every" option, choose
      10 seconds.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I Keep 2 Windows Open and Visible without One Going in Background? - Similar Threads - Keep Open Visible

2. Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen: My desktop background randomly goes through a picture file, but it occasionally stops on a blank screen. A right click and click on "Next desktop background" brings up another picture in the file. How do I stop it from going to a blank screen?...
  3. Background keeps going black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black: Hello all so I just built this PC yesterday and am having this problem that keeps cropping up I was wondering if I can get some help with this. You know how when you click whatever icon it gets the light blue highlight behind it? Lets use the Recycle Bin as an example....
  4. Background keep going back to black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background keep going back to black: Hi, I have a brand new XPS15 9500 and since i had it i keep having issue with windows explorer: - Explorer crashes often - Often run CPU up to 30% - Bring back background settings to black and change screen sharing settings. Anyone knows how to fix these issues?...
  5. Is it possible to keep switching one desktop background but not the other (when using 2...

Is it possible to keep switching one desktop background but not the other (when using 2...: I have a few dozen nice desktop backgrounds that cycle through on each of my 2 monitors, but if I really like one but want to switch the other to the next desktop background it alternates left and right. Is there a way to keep switching just one background (if I like my right...
  6. Background keeps going black.

Background keeps going black.: Every so often while I am at my computer, my desktop background will go black. Before this happens I have noticed that if I highlight anything on the back ground it will make that area black. I haven’t changed any settings recently that would make this happen. Restarting my...
  7. steam keep going in backgrounds

steam keep going in backgrounds: Yes my steam keeps going in background and not opening i have done eveythgin i have done before and it work...i heard that if you take off family share it works but i dont ever reaclling putting one up is that an auto thing that is done?...
  8. i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening: so i have two monitors,the main one is completely fine,but unfortunately my second one sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds and then opens up again,sometimes i have some sort of blue marks on it that disappear after a while,and sometimes when i move an application my...
  9. one drive folder keeps opening by itself depite closing or leaving it open in the background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive folder keeps opening by itself depite closing or leaving it open in the background: one drive folder keeps opening by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folder-keeps-opening-by-itself-depite/c778c5e7-5246-4192-b19c-23fd608aefa8"
  10. 2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

2 Monitors Only One Background Picture: With the latest build 10074 there doesn't appear to be a way to use two different background pictures on two monitors. This feature has been available since Windows 7, perhaps earlier. I have provided that information to Microsoft. Using a horizontal inversion on one...