Windows 10: Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?

Discus and support Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a prebuilt. I'm wondering if cloning/migrating the c drive to the new ssd and switching it to the c drive with my ssd would keep the key used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DirkGriebel, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?

This is a prebuilt. I'm wondering if cloning/migrating the c drive to the new ssd and switching it to the c drive with my ssd would keep the key used to activate windows.

:)

DirkGriebel, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?

Good guide for moving Windows 8.1 to another board

I wonder if this would be the best idea for changing hard drives as well. I am going to be going from a mechanical hard drive to an SSD in the next couple of weeks.
    Do the generalize with 8.1, shut down, make an image on an external drive, and then install the SSD.

stinger608, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?

1. Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd? - Similar Threads - keep key moving

2. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  3. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  4. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move to a new ssd and keep windows activation: specs: Laptop: ASUS 2016, Windows 10, Samsung SSDHello, so long story short the original hard drive that was in my laptop HHD has failed me, and in the meanwhile until I can get that resolved, I want to just start fresh with a new hard drive, this time a SSD. I have a Windows...
  6. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

move to a new ssd and keep windows activation: specs: Laptop: ASUS 2016, Windows 10, Samsung SSDHello, so long story short the original hard drive that was in my laptop HHD has failed me, and in the meanwhile until I can get that resolved, I want to just start fresh with a new hard drive, this time a SSD. I have a Windows...
  7. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why can I not move stuff into my recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not move stuff into my recycle bin?: So, I was trying to delete something so I could reinstall it later as I was having some problems. When I tried moving it into the recycle bin, it asked if I wanted to permanently delete it. It has been doing this for a few months, and I don't know what to do about it....
  9. Why can I not move stuff into my recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not move stuff into my recycle bin?: So, I was trying to delete something so I could reinstall it later as I was having some problems. When I tried moving it into the recycle bin, it asked if I wanted to permanently delete it. It has been doing this for a few months, and I don't know what to do about it....
  10. Why can I not move stuff into my recycle bin?