Windows 10: Can i know if the threat has been removed?

Discus and support Can i know if the threat has been removed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PIETRAFESA GABRIELE, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be sure that the virus is no longer on my pc? Thanks.

:)

PIETRAFESA GABRIELE, Jan 29, 2023

2. Threats detected by Windows Defender

If you really want to be sure if those threats are removed completely then I would suggest to clean install Windows. That’s the only way to know for sure.

And always disconnect from the internet next time you encounter malware. That’s the first step to take, especially if you have more than one computer sharing the same network.

win10freak, Jan 29, 2023
  3. WXC
    WXC Win User
    Threats detected by Windows Defender

*Ditto

4. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Can i know if the threat has been removed?

1. Can i know if the threat has been removed? - Similar Threads - threat has been

2. Windows caught a threat, does this mean the threat has been completely removed from my device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows caught a threat, does this mean the threat has been completely removed from my device?: Windows caught a threat when I was downloading mods for a game, It put it in quarantine and from there I chose to remove it. Does this mean the threat has been completely removed? I did a full scan afterwards and it didn't catch anything else....
  3. Windows caught a threat, does this mean the threat has been completely removed from my device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows caught a threat, does this mean the threat has been completely removed from my device?: Windows caught a threat when I was downloading mods for a game, It put it in quarantine and from there I chose to remove it. Does this mean the threat has been completely removed? I did a full scan afterwards and it didn't catch anything else....
  4. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?: I have downloaded an exe.file and right before I clicked on the folder to save the file, my Windows Defender detected the trojan threat. When I opened the protection history, it didn't give me the action option to either remove or quarantine the file. It just stated that the...
  5. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?: I have downloaded an exe.file and right before I clicked on the folder to save the file, my Windows Defender detected the trojan threat. When I opened the protection history, it didn't give me the action option to either remove or quarantine the file. It just stated that the...
  6. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  8. How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?

How can I know if an app has been uninstalled?: If you suspect someone has installed then uninstalled an app, I guess there must be some way to know. I wonder if there's any Event Viewer trace left for this. Any help much appreciated Windows 10 20H2 174373
  9. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  10. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...