Windows 10: Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet?

Discus and support Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When diagnosing computers (Windows or Macs), I sometimes would like to know when it last successfully connected to the internet (not just to the LAN).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antonio3535, May 4, 2021.

1. Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet?

When diagnosing computers (Windows or Macs), I sometimes would like to know when it last successfully connected to the internet (not just to the LAN). Such as "google drive starts to sync or Outlook checks the mail servers or anything that indicates that the computer connected to the ISP". Much better if I can know when it last connected or disconnected. I found that Event Viewer can tell me the last connection/disconnection to the LAN (such as WIFI or Ethernet) in Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft/Windows/NetworkProfile/Operational: 10000 is a successful connection, 10001 a disconnection. But this doesn't seem to show if there was a connection or disconnection to the internet/ISP. Any help much appreciated.

:)

antonio3535, May 4, 2021

2. Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet?

When diagnosing computers (Windows or Macs), I sometimes would like to know when it last successfully connected to the internet (not just to the LAN). Such as "google drive starts to sync or Outlook checks the mail servers or anything that indicates that the computer connected to the ISP".
    Much better if I can know when it last connected or disconnected.

I found that Event Viewer can tell me the last connection/disconnection to the LAN (such as WIFI or Ethernet) in Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft/Windows/NetworkProfile/Operational: 10000 is a successful connection, 10001 a disconnection. But this doesn't seem to show if there was a connection or disconnection to the internet/ISP.

Any help much appreciated.

antonio3535, May 5, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet? [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet?

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that applications show that you are not connected to Internet. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• How is the computer connected to Internet i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try changing the network connection i.e. if the computer is connected to Internet through Wi-Fi, try using Ethernet and check if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet?

1. Can I know when a computer last successfully connected to Internet? - Similar Threads - computer last successfully

2. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  3. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  4. Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...: HiI am using Windows 11 22H2 & started experiencing some strange issues with Mobile Hotspot not sure whether this is after the latest Windows updates as I barely use the hotspot.Issue is, my phone connects to mobile hotspot, I can browse & after few minutes, Wi-Fi enters to...
  5. Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...: HiI am using Windows 11 22H2 & started experiencing some strange issues with Mobile Hotspot not sure whether this is after the latest Windows updates as I barely use the hotspot.Issue is, my phone connects to mobile hotspot, I can browse & after few minutes, Wi-Fi enters to...
  6. Computer BSoD when connecting to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSoD when connecting to internet: My computer is bluescreening when it connects to the internet. It crashes with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I tried disabling some drivers but it didn't work. I did a virus scan and nothing showed up. Everything works fine when not connected to the internet. How do I fix...
  7. My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...: Very bizarre problem. A couple of hours ago, at my Mom's house, everything was working perfectly. Now, at my Dad's, I am having this problem. Nothing else is doing this, TV, iPhone, and PS4 are all working correctly. Just the computer. Also, this is off topic, but Google...
  8. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...
  9. I can not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not connect to the internet: I have problems to connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-the-internet/5596cfdf-6652-4367-96b9-a79b86e0b73c
  10. How can I connect to my internet when in lockscreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I connect to my internet when in lockscreen?: This happened after I restarted my laptop. I put my password in and it said that is incorrect, but is not. Then I found out that my laptop is not connected to the internet even though before it restarted, it still had internet on. Other devices were working fine meaning that...