Windows 10: Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial?

Discus and support Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, can I learn and code basic language in Visual Studio 2017 community by myself? Microsoft Docs site says visual basic is easy to learn, I'm a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pagefile'sys, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial?

Hi, can I learn and code basic language in Visual Studio 2017 community by myself? Microsoft Docs site says visual basic is easy to learn, I'm a absolute new to this, can I just type codes randomly in the code section and learn my way forward? or I must watch a tutorial on YouTube to learn? I prefer do alone since I do not understand anything on those tutorial videos.

:)

Pagefile'sys, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Wozzer Win User

Visual Basic Tutorials

Hello all,

For one of my subjects at college, I have to learn Visual Basic. However - The computers we are using only have the following specs;

Intel Celeron 1.7GHz
    512MB Ram
    60GB Hard-drive (Rammed with crap)

Now - As you can imagine, the computer is slow. In fact - It takes me ALL lesson to load up Visual basic. Let alone load a file in Visual basic.

So - I've took it upon myself (although I shouldn't have to) to teach myself.

Does anyone know any tutorial sites....?

*Toast :toast:

Wozzer, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Visual Basic Tutorials

All my programming is done on a P3 1200. Fast enough.

Personally I wouldn't recommend doing random tutorials, you won't have an actual goal making it harder to learn. Find something useful to make and look for solutions for your problem. You'll then be writing code that actually does something useful, works a lot more motivating for me.

Do you even know the basics? ie create some ugly form, put code behind a button to fill some textbox and whatnot.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial?

Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial?

1. Can I learn Visual Basic coding alone or I must watch a tutorial? - Similar Threads - learn Visual Basic

2. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  3. What apps must I leave alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What apps must I leave alone: So, I've had my computer for a couple years and I've installed way too many apps. Now I have this intimidating mess of apps I have to clean. I want to delete everything I don't recognize/use because I'm worried it could be malware or that it's just taking space and making my...
  4. What apps must I leave alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What apps must I leave alone: So, I've had my computer for a couple years and I've installed way too many apps. Now I have this intimidating mess of apps I have to clean. I want to delete everything I don't recognize/use because I'm worried it could be malware or that it's just taking space and making my...
  5. File Explore basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explore basics tutorial: My saved downloads, documents, any item I try to save in File Explorer are all going to different folders at random apparently. All of my File Explore is 'screwed up'!Please, please, can someone tell me a simple way to clean it up and get it back to the way it was set up when...
  6. File Explore basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore basics tutorial: My saved downloads, documents, any item I try to save in File Explorer are all going to different folders at random apparently. All of my File Explore is 'screwed up'!Please, please, can someone tell me a simple way to clean it up and get it back to the way it was set up when...
  7. File Explore basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial: Where on the Microsoft website or perhaps in my computer do you find, " The Basics of Windows" ? You know, a straightforward tutorial on the basics ! From the source ! ,...
  9. Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?: When I (70) stopped programming 30 years ago, Visual Basic was still around. Now my ambition has gripped me again and I want to continue a project from back then, which failed because of too little computing power. It is about similarity determination of strings. What I need...
  10. Good basic networking tutorial?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Good basic networking tutorial?: Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial? Thanks 106058