Windows 10: Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc?

Discus and support Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a computer that was shipped with windows preinstalled by the manufacturer. It was installed to a hard drive. I have used it this way up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dandytree7771, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc?

I have a computer that was shipped with windows preinstalled by the manufacturer. It was installed to a hard drive. I have used it this way up until recently and got an ssd so it would boot up and load games faster. I copied everything from the hdd to the ssd using a data copying program. Both the ssd and the hdd are being used with the same other parts and if i have done everything legally and without breach of the terms of service i intend to wipe everything from the hdd and use the ssd as the boot drive with the hdd storing what the ssd has no room for. Was this copying legal and not in breach of the terms since it is all within one device or would the only way to be in compliance be to delete the ssd and continue only using the hdd?

:)

Dandytree7771, Aug 15, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc? :)

dhdude, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc?

Hard Drive Setup?

So it would be possible what I was suggesting? The SSD Windows Partition, with the 2 640GB HDDs running raid 1 without windows on them as pure data drives?

Exile_Chavez, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc?

1. Can I legally copy my hard drive data(which includes windows) to my ssd if it's in the same pc? - Similar Threads - legally copy hard

2. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  3. Can I just simply copy all the files on a hard drive to a SSD and use it on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I just simply copy all the files on a hard drive to a SSD and use it on the same computer?: Can I copy all partitions of Windows to another disk and use it?Like I want to replace my hard drive to an SSD and what program should I use to do that?Will my Windows "un-activate" and I have to activate it again?...
  4. I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?: I have two hard drive in my computer, a 250 gb and a 1tb. Windows is currently on my 250gb hard drive but I want to move it over to the 1tb, is this possible?...
  5. Can I copy OS drive on HDD over to SSD in same laptop?

Can I copy OS drive on HDD over to SSD in same laptop?: Windows version 1909. What happened was... I bought an ex-display "never used" 17" Acer laptop to use for recording video only. It claimed to have a 256GB SSD and 1TB 5400RPM HDD. After troubleshooting for weeks wondering why it was so slow, I have just** twigged that...
  6. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...
  7. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...
  8. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...: The system is on C: now. I want to remove it to D: then I will disconnect the C: hard drive from the pc and I want that the windows will boot from D: (D: will be come C: once I will disconnect the current C: hard drive). The thing is that D: now is a new hard drive SSD....
  9. Can't copy data from my laptop to my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy data from my laptop to my external hard drive: Hi all, I have a 500gb canvio basic that I recently purchased. Yesterday, i was moving some data from my HP laptop & the battery died in the middle of transferring. At this point, i am unable to transfer data from the laptop to the hard drive (it disconnects itself) but I...
  10. Data Hard Drive in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080