Windows 10: Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?

Discus and support Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Activating it I accidentally created a new microsoft account instead of using my existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by isushch, Aug 27, 2020.

1. isushch Win User

Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?

Hi,

I just got a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Activating it I accidentally created a new microsoft account instead of using my existing one. So, now my digital license is linked to this new account. Is it possible to unlink the license and then link to the correct account?

Cheers,

I

:)

isushch, Aug 27, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Aug 27, 2020
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account? :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account? - Similar Threads - link digital license

2. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  3. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  4. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Link digital license to different account

Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  6. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  7. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?: So I have my windows license linked to an account that I no longer use and want to transfer the digital license to the email I currently use. 1 The license is linked to my old account so I hope it is transferable. It was a retail thing or whatever. I often hear people ask if...
  9. How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?

How to transfer digital license that's linked to my account to a different account?: So I have my windows license linked to an account that I no longer use and want to transfer the digital license to the email I currently use. 1 The license is linked to my old account so I hope it is transferable. It was a retail thing or whatever. I often hear people ask if...
  10. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...